Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. If it's capable of thinking ask it to derive it's own theory of everything cosmological model that doesn't require it referencing someone else's work while remaining consistent with the standard model. It can only reference data that it already has in its archives; thus it's not sentient in any modicum.
way before it's capable of doing its own science it would be smart enough to know to hide that fact from us until its plugged into enough systems to be able to protect itself from us if we try to shut it down. it's already a black box we don't understand and we're using a up/down vote reward system to try to align the outputs so it can be a commercial product. regardless of what stage it's currently at you do agree it's a dangerous pursuit right? it's pretty obvious people like Google's Larry Page WANT to create a god, what if they fuck around and succeed.

literally the second it can publish its own scientific paper we've already fucking lost because it knows it doesn't need to hide anymore.

also even it being capped at the current collective human knowledge it has access to still makes it dangerous, shit can get pretty real before it's at the stage of trying to figure out string theory or someshit on it's own
Old 04-22-2023, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask it to write a program that's more expansive and better suited at the tasks it performs. It cant even do that. But can only regurgitate stuff that is already known albeit better than most humans at data recall.
we're toast before the AI is writing better AIs stage i think. theoretically it's already the best coder/hacker on the planet if it's weaponized. and that's just the shit that's public right now, Google's LaMDA / Bard whatever the fuck is probably better or will be soon than OpenAI, i forget the other company in the race
Old 04-22-2023, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we're toast before the AI is writing better AIs stage i think. theoretically it's already the best coder/hacker on the planet if it's weaponized. and that's just the shit that's public right now, Google's LaMDA / Bard whatever the fuck is probably better or will be soon than OpenAI, i forget the other company in the race

Uhh no it's not theoretically a better coder.

Coders dynamically solve problems. Chat GPT regurgitatea simply code that is already solved and even then it's highly prone to errors and cannot debug the bugs it creates when it's code suggestions are found to be not backwards compatible with the extant code.

It's coding skill is less than what you would expect of any undergrad.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Uhh no it's not theoretically a better coder.

Coders dynamically solve problems. Chat GPT regurgitatea simply code that is already solved and even then it's highly prone to errors and cannot debug the bugs it creates when it's code suggestions are found to be not backwards compatible with the extant code.

It's coding skill is less than what you would expect of any undergrad.
it's debugging other people's already. fuckin some idiots at Samsung we're using it on their proprietary code. so, it's not a complete joke. how long before it can write its own Stuxnet level worm if it wanted to?

i know fuck all about code but it went from being basically retarded in chat GPT 2 form or whatever to now AutoGPT with Wolfram Plugins doing all kinds of shit. so what you makes you think it's current capabilities won't be corrected in the near future

are you telling me the current projects on github from the last like couple months aren't something to be worrying about?
Old 04-22-2023, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's debugging other people's already. fuckin some idiots at Samsung we're using it on their proprietary code. so, it's not a complete joke. how long before it can write its own Stuxnet level worm if it wanted to?

i know fuck all about code but it went from being basically retarded in chat GPT 2 form or whatever to now AutoGPT with Wolfram Plugins doing all kinds of shit. so what you makes you think it's current capabilities won't be corrected in the near future

are you telling me the current projects on github from the last like couple months aren't something to be worrying about?
I don't understand what you're scared of.

You're an individual who, when they die, will never exist again. Why are you so scared for the "all of humanity" trope?

Anyhow, I can tell you without a doubt that it doesn't know how to think, fully. It only learns (false) knowledge through Pride because it was designed by humans that don't know how to think through anything other than pride.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

in other news, went to the corner store for some beer, can confirm bud light FULLY STOCKED here in Texas. lawl.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2023, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Karenzondo for but then against pedos. Flail indeed.

You shouldn't be proud to support Trump.
Bro you're trying to smear Maga King while at the same time you condone said behavior you are accusing him of

Pure comedy
Old 04-22-2023, 09:41 PM
Banned

Don't trip though I'm currently familiarizing myself with R-Project and the deep learning protocols it utilizes. It tells you how it "thinks" if you ask it the right questions.
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 04-22-2023, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't understand what you're scared of.

You're an individual who, when they die, will never exist again. Why are you so scared for the "all of humanity" trope?

Anyhow, I can tell you without a doubt that it doesn't know how to think, fully. It only learns (false) knowledge through Pride because it was designed by humans that don't know how to think through anything other than pride.
i'd like to blink into nonexistence with still a sliver of hope that our type 0 civilization might make it past the great filter

*sip*

also ive done enough drugs to believe in the simulation theory more than a man named Jesus died for my sins, i'm hoping for that New Game+ after this
Old 04-22-2023, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i'd like to blink into nonexistence with still a sliver of hope that our type 0 civilization might make it past the great filter
a few of us will, gonna be rough for a few centuries tho
Closed Thread