Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like Green to merge with Blue at some point?
Yes 118 47.58%
No 87 35.08%
Don't care / doesn't matter 43 17.34%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
green economy will be trash if it doesn't merge and restart.
This. We’ve got about a year and a half till the merge could happen. At that point greens economy will be very mudflated as well. People seem to forget how quickly the economies go to shit because people are nonstop farming plat and valuable loot.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't plan on merging. My characters will retire if that happens and never play again. I did not choose Green to experience the progression, I chose it as my home. When it disappears so will I. I don't expect eqemu to hold my interest forever anyway, there are always new pastimes and hobbies.
You didn't directly answer my question, but it sounds like you're saying it's better to not have a playable than have a playable character ... because it will force you to do something else with your life (besides play EQ)? Honestly, it's hard to argue with that logic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So to recap, IF your goal (like Bellamy's) is to quit the game forevermore in a year-ish ... not merging Green into Blue is in your best interest. For everyone else, it seems the merger is in their best interest.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

In a more honest and respectful tone.

Green launch was such a great period of time for P99, Especially for the wiki. Which is one of the best sources of era accurate information about everquest classic eras on the internet.

I am in the full belief that a new round of fresh classic - velious p99 servers can only improve upon that knowledge. Then in turn benefit everybody, not only p99..

Then for those less caring about preserved information, all the bug fixes from green will be pushed through to a new green. It will be a more accurate representation of what we all loved back in the day. (the gameplay.)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Please just give me like 1-2 more years to hang with friends and experience content as a casual before considering a merge into Blue.

Last time 'jokes' went out about Teal merging into Green, it happened like the week after.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please just give me like 1-2 more years to hang with friends and experience content as a casual before considering a merge into Blue.

Last time 'jokes' went out about Teal merging into Green, it happened like the week after.
I mean idk why anyone thought Teal was going to be a long term thing. The staff said they were just doing it for a short period of time to allow the lower level zones to thin out in pop and then they were gonna merge it back. It was very clearly going to be very short lived
Old 08-06-2021, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

One of the nice things on Teal was the attitude of people who transferred over there seemed largely different. More casual-heavy, and more chill.

It seemed those who wanted to start new and be hardcore, aimed to join Seal Team and stayed on Green with that goal.

"The economy, the economy!" is always pointed to when it comes to servers - but after playing on Blue for years and years, the attitudes Teal had as an unintended social experiment side-effect was great. Felt way less toxic.

I don't know if this would/could ever be re-created again in some way. Just saying it was nice.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the nice things on Teal was the attitude of people who transferred over there seemed largely different. More casual-heavy, and more chill.

It seemed those who wanted to start new and be hardcore, aimed to join Seal Team and stayed on Green with that goal.

"The economy, the economy!" is always pointed to when it comes to servers - but after playing on Blue for years and years, the attitudes Teal had as an unintended social experiment side-effect was great. Felt way less toxic.

I don't know if this would/could ever be re-created again in some way. Just saying it was nice.
Amen!

The devs didn't mean to do this, but they inadvertently made a server for people who care about things like server fists, and a separate server for people who just wanted to casually enjoy the game ... and for the briefest moment it was amazing!

It was one of the most fun times I've ever had in P99 (quite possibly THE most), out of the nearly decade-long period I've been playing here. Unfortunately however it will likely never happen again.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs didn't mean to do this
Let's not kid ourselves Loramin,

The years of blue and red prepared the devs for the worst.
They knew what they were heading into.

Edit: and thanks to the daybreak agreement we no longer have NSFW P99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit aint magic bro, they've had years to perfect the recipe, wake up.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen!

The devs didn't mean to do this, but they inadvertently made a server for people who care about things like server fists, and a separate server for people who just wanted to casually enjoy the game ... and for the briefest moment it was amazing!

It was one of the most fun times I've ever had in P99 (quite possibly THE most), out of the nearly decade-long period I've been playing here. Unfortunately however it will likely never happen again.

I know Loramin =(, It was a lot of fun for me too.

My knee-jerk brainstorm pulled out of midair was to create two new servers. One that has some sort of carrot for hardcore folks (boss spawns that are twice as fast? Higher % on BIS drops?) and see if the same stratification happens when folks are given a choice of which to merge into. But since only one would be classic I don't think that would fly. Just a weak idea dead in the water.
Last edited by Aeaolena; 08-06-2021 at 05:59 PM..
Old 08-06-2021, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Classic EQ's economy is designed to endure 2 years before becoming completely mudflated
Closed Thread