Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-19-2022, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Welp, after working for more than 7 hours without issue overnight, it's back to doing the same thing again. I'm at a total loss. Fucking Windows 11.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Large Rat

I had the error pop up once today, loaded right back up and hasn't resurfaced yet.

Much better than it was before for me.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:02 AM
Large Rat

My zone issues continue however it seems. Zone = crash of eqgame.exe and requires a closure via Task Manager.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

I switched back to WinEQ and had a lot more luck. Outside of that initial experience, dgvoodoo just seemed to screw it up more than it helped.

Windows 11
Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon RX 6600
16 GB RAM
Old 08-20-2022, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I switched back to WinEQ and had a lot more luck. Outside of that initial experience, dgvoodoo just seemed to screw it up more than it helped.

Windows 11
Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon RX 6600
16 GB RAM
Hey, I forgot to mention, if you're playing Windowed, and your monitor goes to sleep, it will freeze without fail. At least that's been my experience. Fullscreen or log seem to be the 2 options.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante767 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My zone issues continue however it seems. Zone = crash of eqgame.exe and requires a closure via Task Manager.
Does your shortcut have Administrator rights and Windows XP SP 3 set in the Compatibility tab?
Old 08-20-2022, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I forgot to mention, if you're playing Windowed, and your monitor goes to sleep, it will freeze without fail. At least that's been my experience. Fullscreen or log seem to be the 2 options.
Thankfully, that's not my experience at all. My monitor goes to sleep after five minutes, as well as my keyboard, and it's never been an issue for me. My only problem has been the memory error, and that got far worse after installing dgvoodoo and not using WinEQ. I still get it, but never before 15 or 20 minutes, and sometimes not for hours. With dgvoodoo, outside of my initial run, I was getting it as quick as a literal minute into a session, and almost always within 20.
Old 08-21-2022, 10:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thankfully, that's not my experience at all. My monitor goes to sleep after five minutes, as well as my keyboard, and it's never been an issue for me. My only problem has been the memory error, and that got far worse after installing dgvoodoo and not using WinEQ. I still get it, but never before 15 or 20 minutes, and sometimes not for hours. With dgvoodoo, outside of my initial run, I was getting it as quick as a literal minute into a session, and almost always within 20.
Just to be sure--you're using the directx dll's and not the glide ones?

There's per-renderer settings in the control panel you can adjust. I have used both AMD and NVIDIA gpu's as well as Intel and AMD CPU's all on Windows 11 and it's working great for me.
Old 08-21-2022, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to be sure--you're using the directx dll's and not the glide ones?

There's per-renderer settings in the control panel you can adjust. I have used both AMD and NVIDIA gpu's as well as Intel and AMD CPU's all on Windows 11 and it's working great for me.
Yes, I was using the x84 dll's.
Old 08-21-2022, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yes, I was using the x84 dll's.
Odd. Here's my Control Panel settings on my all-AMD machine. Using the newest AMD drivers for my GPU. All 4 DLL's are, of course, right in the root of the EQ folder.

My bro was frustrated with his install. I think it all should be fixable with these files.
Last edited by Trixar; 08-21-2022 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Trying to add an image or link