Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you saw Tune actually cheating or you saw something that you *thought* was cheating?

What did he gain? Holding two items that he should not have been able to hold?

Yaknow i have been able to *show* myself holding two items i have should not have been able to hold. I have been able to show myself Dual wielding as a SK! Didnt affect gameplay...i guess that was cheating too!
The issue isn't Wolfram reporting something that may/may not have been an exploit. He was justified in reporting the exploit/bug w/e.

The issue is your guild's response to it. I'm assuming you weren't around...because you don't play that way. If I were you, I'd shake the tree a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you saw Tune actually cheating or you saw something that you *thought* was cheating?

Yaknow i have been able to *show* myself holding two items i have should not have been able to hold. I have been able to show myself Dual wielding as a SK! Didnt affect gameplay...i guess that was cheating too!
in classic eq, equipping an instrument and equipping a weapon simultaneously is an exploit. If i catch someone doing this, the first time They generally get a pretty severe warning. Second time you get a nice fat suspension.

PS: I NEVER just warn for boxing.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in classic eq, equipping an instrument and equipping a weapon simultaneously is an exploit. If i catch someone doing this, the first time They generally get a pretty severe warning. Second time you get a nice fat suspension.

PS: I NEVER just warn for boxing.
supreme confirmed exploiting, amelinda confirmed pretending to care.

I speak truths about this server and all that pertains to it- Chosen One
Old 05-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Because I'm not an asshole, I asked Fallen first why he was holding a GBS and a drum at the same time, to see if it was intentional or not. His response was "y not lol". So I highly doubt I was just hallucinating and *thought* I saw a big glowing red orb and a drumstick being held at the same time, because he admitted to doing it. I also inspected him to confirm that he was holding the GBS at the same time. This does affect gameplay, because it gives him an extra 10 MR that he shouldn't have. I think this is a pretty big deal, but even if you don't think it is, you don't get to decide what exploits are severe enough to warrant reporting. Amelinda says it's an exploit, so it's an exploit. Also, there are only two ways to do this, one involves looting a corpse a certain way, and the other involves macroquest. Do you still think one wouldn't be justified in reporting this?

Moreover, like Karox said, it's not just that Fallen was using an exploit. It's that him and Troriste unilaterally decided that me reporting it was grounds for removal from the guild, plus being ported to hate, ganked, and left to have my corpse stranded there for a week, with no explanation at all. Why couldn't you guys just tell me you were removing me from the guild, instead of tricking me into coming to hate? I mentioned all this in my goodbye post on the Nilly forums, but my guess is that it was censored before anyone could see it. I was never given the chance to defend myself, while Fallen (someone who 2-boxed and even got one of Troriste's accounts permanently banned in the process - in addition to losing all of the loot the guild awarded him) was considered more trustworthy than me. How does that make any sense? Sorry Supreme, you have no case.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Wolfram new hero of the server confirmed
Old 05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

supreme admits to exploits.. no punishment will be given.. server no better than vztz.. dead box.. nice try bluebies trying convince people your GMs gave a shit..
Old 05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

Wolfram learning the lesson I've been trying to teach all along.

When will people get it? Lol.

Have fun!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

First time train offense that was due to scareling port into temple: 30 day suspension.

Convicted and admitted exploiter/two boxer continuing to exploit: don't do that again bad boy

Sever confidence in fairness: all time low

Don't worry tho I'm sure there's some nobody Druids staring up trying to PL a melee alt in an abandoned zone that desperately need perma bans from server
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned

There's some consistency here that leaves quite a bit to be explained.

I don't think there's intentional corruption.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Heartbrand, please stop posting in this thread and please stop saying that you support me. It makes me look bad.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread