Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-08-2024, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

I bought or traded for at least part of most of my epics.. Only exception Green Scale which I bought for DKP. I am firmly in the "MQing is a service" column.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Sweaty neckbeard MQ would be the only way many would even have a remote chance to Epic a character. Not saying its fair or best.

Take away Epic MQ and it would just mean less Epics.

You farm all those apples and sheep/cow/pig parts you eat? NVM.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, if MQs weren't allowed there are epics you would literally just have no shot at due to the amount of DKP you'd have to accumulate raiding in order to even have the possibility to outbid another guildy for it (and that doesn't include the likely 100+ hours of raiding you'll have to put in before you even see the drop for some of these things).
You assume that everyone would do a raid using that dkp system. I wouldnt. I would get my guildies and friends together to do a raid and bypass the silly dkp system.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sweaty neckbeard MQ would be the only way many would even have a remote chance to Epic a character. Not saying its fair or best.

Take away Epic MQ and it would just mean less Epics.

You farm all those apples and sheep/cow/pig parts you eat? NVM.
To use your analogy, yes I would get my own farm and raise my own animals to survive.

I think most people that actually care about getting an epic would prefer to be in the raids themselves than to spend half their life farming plat to make someone else rich. Its a shit system. I for one wont do it. Epics be damned.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You assume that everyone would do a raid using that dkp system. I wouldnt. I would get my guildies and friends together to do a raid and bypass the silly dkp system.
I mean, it's a nice thought but unfortunately that's not really the way it works. It could work for some parts of some epics (for example, mobs that aren't really that contested and only take like 5 - 10 people to kill), but for others you'd have no shot.

Take the earth staff in Hate for the mage epic for example. 100% the only way you'd have a shot at getting that is to join the top 1 or 2 raiding guilds. They basically have the Magi on lock down. You have no other choice.

White dragon scales are another good example, although not quite as bad as the earth staff.

Other examples are drops you'd need off a mob like CT.

Point being, depending on which epic you're talking about, other than an MQ your only option would be to earn DKP with the top 1 or 2 raiding guilds on the server.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Well,if one of your friends happened to be an. enchanter interested in farming hate you could get an earth staff,maybe. Even the guilds that do a lot of hate minis, it's all on the back of people willing to track the horrible windows.
The easy epics like rogue,cleric,monk you can do with friends. They also happen to be some of the best epics.
Anything from a contested raid mob wouldn't happen.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To use your analogy, yes I would get my own farm and raise my own animals to survive.

I think most people that actually care about getting an epic would prefer to be in the raids themselves than to spend half their life farming plat to make someone else rich. Its a shit system. I for one wont do it. Epics be damned.
Getting an epic is not analagous to just surviving. Orchardist, vege farmer and animal raising (to the point of self suficiency) is a huge task.

Like my post mentions, its not the best or a fair system but the way the game is (because of spawn timers andhuman nature) people are gonna people.
Whether its that they have zero going on in their life, have (virtually) unlimited funds (the millionaire clubbers) people with the most time to devote WILL monopolize and monetize the content. Same as in 2000 as it is now.
Never epiced back then, i had a job, a band and a family. I know the deal now and it does not interest me.

Grind a countdown timer or endless plat grinding? No thanks. For me.

The people who have mobs on permanent lockdown are the type who peaked in high school and need to relive the glory to feel something.

Take away MQ and yoy would need to gather a force AND get lucky with drops and win the roll. Then rinse and repeat. At least you get to choose the non raid waiting around option and farm plat by killing endless guards or plat rich nameds.

Just choose.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

There are only a few epics that are really worth it anyway. There are multiple where you won't really notice a difference in your class.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqgod34 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Topic, Make it illegal so the big dicks cant make plat off people needing an actual epic done. Its bullshit and if u disagree your a moron. Let the little guys actually complete epics without having to pend 100's of k. Im Blackpaw on green and I approve this message, if u disagree, F u.

PS . <Rest in Peace> Recruiting -----
I get the thought process here, but you are mistaken, as unfortunate as it sounds, the current process for these MQ's actually makes these more accessible. Life is hard, don't believe those snake oil sales"persons" who tell you that the system is holding you down
Old 04-10-2024, 12:33 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
You seem to be advocating for NBG.