Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 07-10-2024, 04:58 PM
Trexller Trexller is offline
Banned


Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,895
Default

im getting strong vibes of "uphill both ways in the snow and we wrapped our bare feet in barbed wire for traction"

there was a big difference between how the average player played EQ and how people like fires of heaven or legacy of steel played eq, these guys were raiding on conference calls with their guild, which included Verant Devs... so by the 10th wipe against innoruuk, some verant staff would have been like, "hey guys lets set up the raid over here at this spot"

your logic seems to hold true in like the classic era

but those old power guilds had plenty of clickers by velious

when i first started the game i made an iksar and wandered into emerald jungle around level 8 or something, a GM summoned my corpse to the field of bone

i remember this clearly bc when I died in EJ i punched my laptop and shattered the lcd
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 07-10-2024, 05:19 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll try to simplify things further.

My core argument (modulo a few zeroes) is just "1% of 1% of 1% is a small number". Even if someone changes a single "1%" to a "2%", the result is still .... a really small number.
Put another way, your core argument is now essentially "I claimed something was true and provided zero evidence...there's only been one piece of evidence provided, which contradicts my claim. But I'm just going to claim that I'm basically still right because you couldn't find even more evidence to contradict me, while I also conveniently ignore that the only concrete evidence I have provided is my own opinion."
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 07-10-2024, 05:38 PM
zati zati is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 234
Default

My 2 cents on this shit even tho I can't even play this game much anymore. For P99 anyways

Ppl who want mage epic ASAP are peeps that get funneled into big raid guilds who don't know how to play most aspects of the game. Logs in "I want this I want that" Log out. Not being mean, but most times I see a mage epic it's either on an Alt who has 6+ level 60s and has helped hundreds of other ppl in the server in other ways and knows the game inside /out (aka DKP built up doesn't matter which guild). Or a long time standing dedicated mage who has been there since day 1 in their guild and it's been awarded to them because of friendship.

If a hate farmer can compete up in hate (Wtf is competition in pve anyway its just POOpsOCkING).. Whoever can waste their lives checking PoH 24/7 and batphone 2-3 other people and kill magi ... Let them. Assuming they follow rules and port and re-enter the zone, not train anyone, then it's legit.

Even more, there's actually 2 safe spots in hate that I found when I was in that zone alot cpl years ago with my friends, but we never used it. A lv 60ranger could pop in hit track n /exit out without even being near the stupid well but like Loramin says no one is dedicating a 60 ranger stay in hate during classic 99 era cuz they'd be busy raiding and progressing themselves as expo's were released.

OP- if you want mage epic so bad then just play the game with the community. it took me 3+ years to get mine playing consistently cause I had nothing better to do and plenty of time to burn. Never aimed for the thing either; don't waste 800k for it you'll summoned it once and log off lol.

I still have the Magi ToD/ group comp that got my magi and they were legit best of the best at the time playing at their peak n all had tons of game mechanic knowledge and I didn't know wtf i was doing back then

core guild Magi tod - 12/17/2018 11:55 pm
coeur - 60 cleric
ghuol - 60 monk (initial puller)
dallogreor 60 warrior
motec(wuntz) - 60 wizard ( Porter/Transloc bind's puller and tagger)
falamin - 60 enc
larryjohnson- 60 Cleric
taggley - 60 Sk (Tagger)

Not to mention it was contested by lavittz's crew at the time we all ported up at the same go. So to see people whine about magi now is kinda laughable. Before i stopped playing Id see magi and other mini's up for a good 5mins before anyone even considered goin for it. Sometimes people ignore the lesser mini's and it would stay up for DAYS. So to say that "I can't get my epic because of soandso" doesn't even apply now anymore lol also you need hate farmers to SPAWN them because they have placeholders most people can't wrap their heads around this part.
__________________
Taggley <Reaper of the Dead>
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 07-10-2024, 05:45 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a hate farmer can compete up in hate (Wtf is competition in pve anyway its just POOpsOCkING).. Whoever can waste their lives checking PoH 24/7 and batphone 2-3 other people and kill magi ... Let them
Yeah the other thing is like what's the alternative? Full guild rotation of Hate? Seems pointless.

No tracking from safe spot? There's plenty other ways around this to basically get the same result (i.e., being able to track) just with more annoyance.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 07-10-2024, 06:35 PM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the other thing is like what's the alternative? Full guild rotation of Hate? Seems pointless.

No tracking from safe spot? There's plenty other ways around this to basically get the same result (i.e., being able to track) just with more annoyance.
Yeah totally: why play classic EQ, when it was hard and annoying? The unclassic way is so much easier ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 07-11-2024, 08:33 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not to mention it was contested by lavittz's crew at the time we all ported up at the same go. So to see people whine about magi now is kinda laughable. Before i stopped playing Id see magi and other mini's up for a good 5mins before anyone even considered goin for it. Sometimes people ignore the lesser mini's and it would stay up for DAYS. So to say that "I can't get my epic because of soandso" doesn't even apply now anymore lol also you need hate farmers to SPAWN them because they have placeholders most people can't wrap their heads around this part.
this is key

these young bucks dont even know how the big boy farm crews rolled

have fun getting fear golems (lol)

in comparison, getting magi is stupid easy today
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 07-11-2024, 10:07 AM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah totally: why play classic EQ, when it was hard and annoying? The unclassic way is so much easier ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another day on the P99 forums, another Loramin "this is my memory so that means it's how it was and I don't need to provide evidence" argument
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 07-11-2024, 10:15 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is key

these young bucks dont even know how the big boy farm crews rolled

have fun getting fear golems (lol)

in comparison, getting magi is stupid easy today
Absolutely burned my balls when we were already in hate and we’d leave PHers or even minis up instead of turning them over because ‘they probably won’t drop anything worthwhile / too hard to pull’.

I really don’t understand how that attitude permeates so many guilds/crews.

Like why?!!
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 07-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,515
Default

muh no farm crews
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 07-11-2024, 03:50 PM
Naethyn Naethyn is offline
Planar Protector

Naethyn's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,034
Default

#bringbackpush
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.