Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

Did this for a bit from ~25-30. In short, wasn't worth using mana on dots but slow + 1 or 2 flash of lights held aggro really well. Monk/shm definitely goes smoother but was still a good duo with rogue.

Edit: this was with twinking - will definitely want to focus on AC gear for sham ASAP if starting from scratch.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 05-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'll be fairly horrible. As in borderline retarded. Until really good gear, or topor.

I've done it lots. It's shit. Let rogue tank for 90% of time and step out of proximity to backstab, using lvl 9 root. Will still be slow, and shit.
This post is fairly horrible. As in borderline retarded.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you all for the feedback! I figured with slow being so powerful that the rogue could just tee off and there wouldn't be much down time. Should be a fun duo.

Shaman will probably go Ogre which I'm sure everyone will disagree with but oh well.
nobody will disagree with ogre as a race for a shaman, especially in a duo like this - frontal stun immunity will make things go a lot smoother

iksar, ogre, and troll (esp. innoruuk worshiping troll) are the best race choices for a shaman
Old 05-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Aviak

Speaking for my rogue, every time I log in I'm looking for a shaman to duo with. I would also definitely prefer a shaman to duo with over a necro. The fear kite works well enough, but can be a pain if you get adds, and moving after the mob to stay in melee range can get old.. Also shaman can give rogue haste, strength and regen, almost everything a rogue could want. The slow and then blind works great for aggro. Plus; rogues are sneaky, can travel most anywhere, and can unlock doorways to phat lewtz for the shaman.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Did this duo with both players modestly twinked at the Yeti caves in DL around level 40. Complete slaughter. Killed everything and had to wait on respawns.

Overall it's weaker than Monk/Shaman (due to no FD pulls and weaker tanking), but not by as much as you'd think. The extra Rogue DPS is quite noticeable, especially since the Rogue can unload fully from the start without worrying about agro.

With solid twinking and good players behind the toons, I'd even go as far to say that Rogue/Shaman might actually even level faster than Monk/Shaman. Rogue/Shaman would almost certainly do better 45-60 too once the Rogue got his epic. The Shaman can easily tank any XP mob at that point with 75% slow and the Ragebringer Rogue will significantly out-DPS most similarly geared Monks in that level-gear range. Very fast kills from the Rogue and excellent sustained tanking/buffing/slowing/healing from the Shaman.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Banned

as you progress shaman rogue is my favorite duo in the game, just hold agro on the shaman and rogue dps like crazy
Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

I couldnt think of a worse class to pull aggro off a shaman than a low to mid level warrior. Shaman rogue is the right instinct.

The only caveat i would have is the ability to break camps, which is why Mnk/Shm and SK/Shm are the preferred combo. Obviously when sneak tagging was a thing, the Rogue had the ability to do some camp splitting. As it is, Shaman root would be your only real option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

The group will be viable but having the shaman double function as tank will slow you down as you don't get to meditate in combat. 60 and torpor fixes this issue but the road to 60 is long and then you still have to get the spell (not easy).

It will work fine and you can always grab a random 3rd to function as the tank.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

You said that you consider a porting class as well. If you want to go druid, take enchanter as second. Snared pets are safe pets, enchanters usually like playing with druids.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Orc

Think about the shaman/Mage also. I have been grouped with a Mage friend and we have hit all kinds of zones. The Mages pets get better with the LvL's and you as the shaman just keep the pets alive and buff/slow. Great combo for us.
Closed Thread