Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-23-2022, 07:49 PM
Aviak

Default most underpowered class in game?

we know who is OP...

...who is the winner of the UP?

and why?
Old 04-23-2022, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Probably enchanters. All they can do is turn into ogres to pretend and be shamans, but it not fooling anyone.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:31 PM
Banned

Underpowered at what?

Everything...? Sorta rangers. They can snare stuff all day tho.

Wizards aren't terrible ppl just don't understand the class real well or have any decent clickies.

Rogues and wars... tough to solo...without 250k in gear.

Druids at healing.
Old 04-25-2022, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Underpowered at what?

Everything...? Sorta rangers. They can snare stuff all day tho.

Wizards aren't terrible ppl just don't understand the class real well or have any decent clickies.

Rogues and wars... tough to solo...without 250k in gear.

Druids at healing.
If you need clickies to make the class decent then it's a bad class
Old 04-25-2022, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you need clickies to make the class decent then it's a bad class
TIL all classes without sow are bad.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

If you took ports away from Druids they would easily be the most worthless, but as it stands I would have to vote Bard. Problem with Bard is its a very high effort class to play and the vast majority of P99ers are lazy as fuck so most Bards are completely worthless. Its either thinking playing mana song afk is a great contribution to the group, or they charm unnecessarily making kill time go up, or they break enchanter mez, or they are constantly taking damage by doing more of the above bull shit, or they have no idea how to group because they have swarm kited for 50 levels...and are just overall a pain in the ass to be around in-game honestly.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 04-23-2022 at 11:11 PM..
Old 07-24-2022, 03:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you took ports away from Druids they would easily be the most worthless, but as it stands I would have to vote Bard. Problem with Bard is its a very high effort class to play and the vast majority of P99ers are lazy as fuck so most Bards are completely worthless. Its either thinking playing mana song afk is a great contribution to the group, or they charm unnecessarily making kill time go up, or they break enchanter mez, or they are constantly taking damage by doing more of the above bull shit, or they have no idea how to group because they have swarm kited for 50 levels...and are just overall a pain in the ass to be around in-game honestly.
Yr smoking crack, just because yr experience with Bards is poor on p99 doesn't mean they are shitty. Bards are 100% broken. Rangers are seriously underpowered and the fact that Bards get plate and Rangers don't is stupid design. Ranger's saving grace is that they are the best pullers in the game as long as you are outdoors by a long shot, no pun intended. Ranger's are just lucky that so many prevalent outdoor dungeons ARE outdoor when they shouldn't be.
Last edited by GuidedbyLazers; 07-24-2022 at 03:35 PM..
Old 02-28-2023, 09:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't gonna bother commenting but as an Enchanter this speaks to me. The ratio of bad bards to good is probably 5-to-1 conservatively. When a Bard is invited to the group I usually expect the following:

- Bad pulls
- Semi-AFK
- Mobs being charmed/uncharmed every few seconds (this doesn't jive well with there being an enchanter in the group at all)

If you are lucky it'll be a Bard that swarm kites mobs in a circle while the group picks them off one by one... in this scenario the Bard is merely annoying *other* people in the zone rather than the group.

Some of the most obnoxious players I've met are bards. "I can pull bro watch" --> face pulls a room of mobs that have to be AE mezzed.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1479 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't gonna bother commenting but as an Enchanter this speaks to me. The ratio of bad bards to good is probably 5-to-1 conservatively. When a Bard is invited to the group I usually expect the following:

- Bad pulls
- Semi-AFK
- Mobs being charmed/uncharmed every few seconds (this doesn't jive well with there being an enchanter in the group at all)

If you are lucky it'll be a Bard that swarm kites mobs in a circle while the group picks them off one by one... in this scenario the Bard is merely annoying *other* people in the zone rather than the group.

Some of the most obnoxious players I've met are bards. "I can pull bro watch" --> face pulls a room of mobs that have to be AE mezzed.
To be fair, in typical groups on P99 a bard will shine far brighter when there is no enchanter.

I totally understand the lack of overlap with mezzes and the confusion on charms. A good bard with a good enchanter is basically like turning on "pull the entire zone god mode" but that is rarely the case. 95% of the time you're better off with just the enchanter.

I used to play like a total hooligan on my bard, but thats because I cut my teeth mastering enchanter first.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Classic/Vanilla: Rogue

Kunark: Magician

Velious: Magician