Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Christian fascism is more initially inclusive than the German kind, which makes it even more dangerous in a racially diverse country like America

Some participants might be motivated by profit, others by their fucked up beliefs
Even though book bans truly are a dangerous level of lunacy akin to fascism, we have many states governed in different ways and freedom of movement between them. Why not jsut move to Colorado or something if you think Florida is fascist? I think many people are moving the opposite direction because they think liberals are fascists

I’m troubled by how dumb and obese the average person is compared to in the past, but I disagree that it’s fascism
Old 02-12-2023, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though book bans truly are a dangerous level of lunacy akin to fascism, we have many states governed in different ways and freedom of movement between them. Why not jsut move to Colorado or something if you think Florida is fascist? I think many people are moving the opposite direction because they think liberals are fascists

I’m troubled by how dumb and obese the average person is compared to in the past, but I disagree that it’s fascism
They're "bans" in the same way Conservatives are "censored". Aka not at all.

Changing the curriculum is in no way a ban.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:03 PM
Banned

Colorado in particular is where my wife grew up and she never wants to go back, she sees Denver as racist as hell. I did live there for a year and a half and loved it, but I obviously perceived the racism differently.

Right now we can't even leave the metro area, much less the state, due to her treatments. I would love to get out of Georgia, or the USA. I'd move to New Zealand in a heartbeat if I could.

But that dumbness and obesity is all the result of capitalism, too. We live more sedentary lifestyles than our bodies evolved to live. There is nothing natural about sitting in a cubicle making some other asshole richer while you try to get by, and not everyone has equal opportunity to change that.

If you rent any of those multiple houses you own, you are also contributing to that dumbness and obesity. Renting homes is providing housing in the way that scalpers are providing tickets.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're "bans" in the same way Conservatives are "censored". Aka not at all.

Changing the curriculum is in no way a ban.
If a teacher wants to teach the handmaid’s tale and a Virginia school district banned it because the local dumb ass child molester Catholic preach called for it to no longer be taught, it’s a ban
Old 02-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a teacher wants to teach the handmaid’s tale and a Virginia school district banned it because the local dumb ass child molester Catholic preach called for it to no longer be taught, it’s a ban
Ok but we're talking about books in the school library.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok but we're talking about books in the school library.
That’s even worse and I’ll die before Catholics influence any aspect of my life. I’ve been in a theocracy once and I know how little Muslims and Catholics (same religion) value personal freedom or Christ’s message of thinking being more important than anything

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...emoval/673013/
Old 02-12-2023, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
That’s even worse and I’ll die before Catholics influence any aspect of my life. I’ve been in a theocracy once and I know how little Muslims and Catholics (same religion) value personal freedom or Christ’s message of thinking being more important than anything

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...emoval/673013/
You would go against Christ's church because you saw a TV show?
Old 02-12-2023, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Margaret Atwood is a convenient target, it’s being done for any book you idiots don’t like. Christ’s church has nothing to do with Rome or a bank that uses its proceeds to molest little boys
Old 02-12-2023, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Anyway, go chiefs. Eagles are as bad as Catholics, fuck em
Old 02-12-2023, 04:50 PM
Banned

Removing books from the district curriculum is in no way a ban, much like workplaces requiring employee vaccination is in no way a mandate.
Closed Thread