Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you play warrior, begin your career by begging. I think that's the real takeaway. Coupla yak clubs, coupla 5/55 rings, some random armors and boom, yer in.
I have to respectfully disagree...i owned a certain barb warrior with guise for a few months and I twinked him pretty well...not bis weapons but they were solid. And I still could not hold aggro for shit against a poorly played monk or rogue. Where as on an sk i could lock it down with no issues regardless of dps.

Then again maybe I just fail at warrior.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to respectfully disagree...i owned a certain barb warrior with guise for a few months and I twinked him pretty well...not bis weapons but they were solid. And I still could not hold aggro for shit against a poorly played monk or rogue. Where as on an sk i could lock it down with no issues regardless of dps.

Nah. Until about level 40 no one really holds aggro except pal/sk. It's okay though because shit gets blown up in about 2 seconds with most groups having at least 2 twinks now.

edit: That said I've always PL'd my alts to at least 40, but I suppose that's hardly an option for this gentleman :P
Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

I think he was 44ish..cause i was tanking in solb...been awhile.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did see your naked body a lot in WFP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

The evil team likes to train me while afk...GO GO GOOD TEAM
Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

Make an sk or pal if u dont want pure melee... Join a lvling guild theres few guilds just inviting random. I suggest monk though their fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHBT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe im going to stick with the paladin. Going to be a dwarf as well, will probably start tonight, if anyone is starting an alt look me up and we can bash some orc skulls together.

Also thanks for the input, you folks have been very helpful.
Ahh! You made the right choice.

Folks here aren't fooling though, you're going to feel that XP penalty. In live I only played a paladin as my main. I didn't know how used to the penalty I had become. When I play my wife's halfling druid (10% bonus as I understand it, 5%? racial), I almost puke at how easy the XP is.

I wouldn't want to be any other race or class though. I always love being a dwarven paladin in EQ. We're a proud bunch. We'll see if you pass muster in a few seasons!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of my paladin hate stems from grouping with them.

I played a rog on live those paladin stuns were the worst thing ever..
stun one, turn mob around to face rog. brilliant
stun to keep it face rog
okay fuck that run around the other side
mob turns back to the paladin run back around
stun 2 pushed the mob behind me..

and brells oh my god I cant tell you how many times paladins would cast brells on me after geting sot sop from a ranger and getting it overwritten, they would do it over and over just to be dicks.

Thankfully NONE of that exists here and never will. My hatred lives on though
Heh. You should see that from the other side of the fence.

"If these folks would just give me a second I'd have agro lock for the entire fight and I'll put my back into that corner so push isn't an issue, but NOOO-OOOH as soon as the mob is in camp the rogue unleashes a backstab that critted and that puts me behind on gaining the initial agro. Now I have to chain stun to get it back *oop* now the group is in full zerg pushing the mob all over the room!"

Takes at least two to tango; especially when dancing the EQ jig of PuG frustration.