Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-26-2023, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically true, but it's still very much in the spirit of the question as they're not usable by ogre/troll, and they indeed ended up being PHENOMENAL fashion.

Nice try making me look as bad as possible though, I really appreciate the sheer effort put into derailing my thread, being told that I can't be satisfied when I am, and suggesting I should probably just leave EQ.

Real classy stuff. Really makes me want to join a guild with like a hundred you's and maybe give my cell number to them, who knows.
I am not doing that at all. I am trying to help you understand what happened. If "off topic" posts really bother you, you need to be able to craft your questions with more details next time.

The only person making themselves look bad here is yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAHAHAHAHA... ME get an item like THAT? That's a good one. Like I said, this character is 100% absolutely positively not going to raid. It's not gonna happen. I have to work with what I can realistically acquire as a solo, or at most, as part of a group. I main a 59 necro so I can access quite a lot, but obviously I'll never be in a position where I can take down a level 65 mob with 285k hp. Absolute fantasy.
Why act like an asshole to Crede when his suggestion literally fits into your requirements as written? We are not mind readers here. You could have been polite and simply said you didn't want to spend that much money, or clarified your position.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2023 at 09:14 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 09:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why act like an asshole to Crede when his suggestion literally fits into your requirements as written?
I didn't mean anything bad towards Crede. It was just a self roast.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I didn't mean anything bad towards Crede. It was just a self roast.
Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Here is another post, the one I originally responded to:

Quote:
lol @ people in this thread near universally recommending raid shit. It's not happening. I would rather shit in my hands and clap. You guys have fun treating this game like a full time job, that just isn't me.

Also lol @ people in this thread recommending I get this completely unrealistic helmet. This helmet costs about as much as the total platinum I've earned throughout all of my years playing EQ since 2002. "Oh it'll add up eventually", my ass, add up when? 2040? It's bad enough it takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to get to 60, I'm extremely disinterested in being a slave to a guild that I don't care about.

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop insisting I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.
The issue here is you sound angry and aggressive. This is confusing since your original requirements as written allow for a Narandi Crown to be suggested.

I understand that is NOT what you wanted, but that was simply a misunderstanding on the communities part as to what you meant by "Erudite Specific". Since you are wearing Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (All/All) and Guardian Armor (Basically All Races), I don't think anybody was assuming you meant "Gear with ERU specifically in the Race section, even if there are multiple races listed".

You also don't want high value droppable raid loot suggested, which can be acquired outside of raiding. This wasn't mentioned either.

My goal here is to hopefully enlighten you on some of the P99 jargon, so you can formulate your next post more concisely. I don't blame you for not knowing the jargon, but it does rub some people the wrong way when you sound angry for no apparent reason.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2023 at 09:28 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 09:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My goal here is to hopefully enlighten you on some of the P99 jargon, so you can formulate your next post more concisely. I don't blame you for not knowing the jargon, but it does rub some people the wrong way when you sound angry for no apparent reason.
You have become better at Condescendence! (200)
Old 01-26-2023, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You have become better at Condescendence! (200)
I tried to help, but you clearly have this attitude that everybody is out to get you.

Next time people simply won't bother responding to you, because you will just randomly start shouting at people about "being off topic", when the fault lies within your formulation of the question.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
I tried to help, but you clearly have this attitude that everybody is out to get you.

Next time people simply won't bother responding to you, because you will just randomly start shouting at people about "being off topic", when the fault lies within your formulation of the question.
No Death. This isn't directed at everyone in this thread. This is directed at you because you specifically are a condescending asshole.

So if I'm lucky enough to never have to interact with you ever again in a thread, that's fine by me.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No Death. This isn't directed at everyone in this thread. This is directed at you because you specifically are a condescending asshole.

So if I'm lucky enough to never have to interact with you ever again in a thread, that's fine by me.
That is simply your imagination. I am sorry that you cannot read things properly, and think everybody is out to get you.

Ideally you take a step back and stop assuming such things. You will be easier to talk to.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Uhhh are you remembering what this thread is actually about? It's about erudite-specific items. You'd have a point if the Narandi Crown was an erudite only item, or at least not usable by 'ALL'. That thing should never have been brought up in the first place, it's completely irrelevant.
Once the initial question is answered it is fair to expand on the question as in the future people will search and find old threads looking for info. Forum posting is a little performative - it isn’t just a conversation with the OP but for potential future audiences too.

For those people with full guardian armour and schw willing to grind dkp through whatever means or attend the idd ring war / sky plough (which aren’t like the typical p99 raid) getting a pegasus belt, narandi crown and lance is pretty decent advice.

I certainly don’t enjoy hanging around waiting for bat phones to kill just a boss mob - but used to enjoy HoT/Sky/ring war/etc trash grinf type raids so was offering this expanded advice from first hand. I certainly got my own sk the 40% sky belt and beat up narandi (though he wears a hot crown for fashion).

Also, don’t overlook the advice for doing non-raid activities for dkp then logging in once to autoattack on a giant in great divide.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-27-2023, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just join a guild like in, eclipse. We can sell anything and we....
Works really well for me since I don’t have the time I use [sic] to , to raid .
Sorry you dont got.. the time to raid.
Did I win this thread?
Old 01-27-2023, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you dont got.. the time to raid.
Did I win this thread?
We all did when DSM started posting 100x