Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-17-2023, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bertoxxulous worshipper travel question

Does anyone have experience with what cities a Bertoxxulous worshipping Human can "safely" travel into?

Mainly wondering if a new shadowknight I made would be bludgeoned to death by the Erudin guards en route to the Warrens, and of course if the race/class/deity combo would be not kill on sight in Paineel.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:31 PM
Banned

I just started a Human Bertox SK.

Dwarves hate them. Druids hated me until I did a bit in Blackburrow.

I had to kill a few thousand gnolls in High Pass to bank in High Keep.

I wanna say if you're Cazic or Innoruk, Paineel will accept you, but I don't know how they feel about Nurgle worshippers er Bertoxx worshippers.

You might be okay being a SK at least.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started a Human Bertox SK.

Dwarves hate them. Druids hated me until I did a bit in Blackburrow.

I had to kill a few thousand gnolls in High Pass to bank in High Keep.

I wanna say if you're Cazic or Innoruk, Paineel will accept you, but I don't know how they feel about Nurgle worshippers er Bertoxx worshippers.

You might be okay being a SK at least.
I did notice the druids by SFG were scowling at me, I haven't checked after I killed gnolls in BB but probably still scowling. I'll just have to get a ride and check faction, figured I'd ask while away from computer to see if anyone else had experience on Paineel.

I don't look forward to the Warrens but the exp is awesome, would be fine if not for the high level players slaughtering 99% of the mobs in the zone for faction. Even way off peak hours there is always at least 2-3 people hiding in /anon taking every kobold in sight.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did notice the druids by SFG were scowling at me, I haven't checked after I killed gnolls in BB but probably still scowling. I'll just have to get a ride and check faction, figured I'd ask while away from computer to see if anyone else had experience on Paineel.

I don't look forward to the Warrens but the exp is awesome, would be fine if not for the high level players slaughtering 99% of the mobs in the zone for faction. Even way off peak hours there is always at least 2-3 people hiding in /anon taking every kobold in sight.
One thing that helps -> There are a handful of spells that are only available to buy in Paineel, so we're gonna have to make the trip out there at some point anyway. Might as well get it out of the way and yeah, Warrens is probably the best ZEM for a lowbie leveling spot.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have experience with what cities a Bertoxxulous worshipping Human can "safely" travel into?

Mainly wondering if a new shadowknight I made would be bludgeoned to death by the Erudin guards en route to the Warrens, and of course if the race/class/deity combo would be not kill on sight in Paineel.
On my Bertoxx-following shadow knight I was okay in most of Freeport and Neriak to start with, good enough in Qeynos aside from a couple of annoying druids who wanted to pick fights all the time, adequate with the Overthere outpost, and a portion of the gnome city. However, the druid faction improved due to normal leveling in Blackburrow and many of the other factions were merely "threatening" or barely scowls and could be fixed fairly fast. My recollection was that Paineel required some time in the Warrens, but like most factions, it did not require a huge amount of time.

It's an interesting starting combination--relatively few positive factions to start with, but a relatively short road requried to end up with a *lot* of positive areas.

Danth
Old 01-17-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing that helps -> There are a handful of spells that are only available to buy in Paineel, so we're gonna have to make the trip out there at some point anyway. Might as well get it out of the way and yeah, Warrens is probably the best ZEM for a lowbie leveling spot.
Good to know, I like the zone itself.. just the people in there are the worst. Last I was there on my paladin this goon halfling ran ahead of me while i was working my way towards chef (I think) and aggro'd every single mob ahead of me by a country mile and aoe'd them down, thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my Bertoxx-following shadow knight I was okay in most of Freeport and Neriak to start with, good enough in Qeynos aside from a couple of annoying druids who wanted to pick fights all the time, adequate with the Overthere outpost
Yea my human necro, also Bertoxx, has had the same experience but I didn't try ever going to Paineel before. I did sadly wreck my Bloodsaber faction doing the rabid animal quests, but at least I'm Ally with the space ship guild.. yay!
Old 01-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good to know, I like the zone itself.. just the people in there are the worst. Last I was there on my paladin this goon halfling ran ahead of me while i was working my way towards chef (I think) and aggro'd every single mob ahead of me by a country mile and aoe'd them down, thanks bro.
Yeah, unfortunately there are two types of people in Warrens.

1) A veteran, twinked, min-maxing lowbie.

2) Some sort of AOE class grinding for faction.

A lot of those types don't have a ton of respect for others.
Old 01-17-2023, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Ported my Bertoxx worshiping human necro over to Toxxulia just to check and the skellies outside Paineel are "threateningly", I completely forgot to check the Erudin guards however.

While not confirming how the SK will fair I'd wager its probably similar, hopefully just the tip into "threateningly".
Old 01-17-2023, 11:52 PM
Banned

Oh wow, that's surprising.

I swear my Iksar Cazic Necro was welcome in Paineel. I don't even think I had to faction in Warrens, but I could be wrong. I figured they'd be fine with Human Necros but I guess not. At least its not Scowling. Faction work won't be horrible
Old 01-18-2023, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yea semi-evil combos (Human and Eru, Inny/CT) as quite a bit more zone mobile than you would assume. KoS in Oggok and Grobb unlike DE but not in a lot of good towns. I’d get used to conning as you go though.