Banned

Your faction standing with Legion of Cabilis got better. +1
Your faction standing with Cabilis Residents got better. +1
Your faction standing with Scaled Mystics got better. +1
Your faction standing with Crusaders Of Greenmist got better. +1
Your faction standing with Swift Tails got better. +1
Old 01-13-2023, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

I did this on my Half-Elf Bard for... you know, I have no idea why i did it... just wanted to be able to run through Kabilis without needing invis, and so i could say i done it.

In Swamp of No Hope, in a cave and very close to the Trakanon's Teeth zoneline, there are about 9 Iksar Exiles just standing around.

Killed those till i was not KOS to the Trooper.

Then (as stated above) tun in to Trooper when patroling guards are not close... until not KOS to patroller.

All in all, till I was on good terms with everyone in Kabalis, took me close to 10,000 bone chips.
I had a chart showing all my faction levels after each turn in session somehwere, but not sure where it is at moment.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
took me close to 10,000 bone chips.
How did you get the Bone Chips?

Stood in FoB/Kurns spamming "WTB Bone Chips"?

That's probably the best way imo

My 60 Necro STILL has Bone Chips that he collected at level 1.
Old 01-14-2023, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

what level are you, OP?

everyone keeps saying kill goblins for trooper faction, and while this will also provide the coveted chardok faction, XP in seb also gives cabilis trooper faction, and iirc a trakanon kill is a huge legion of cabilis faction boost
Old 01-14-2023, 04:51 AM
Kobold

I wouldn't go so far as to claim "everyone keeps saying kill goblins." If we're being accurate, the goblins of Warsliks Woods, Lake of Ill Omen and Firiona Vie affect the faction for Legion of Cabilis, but the goblins of Nurga, Droga and Frontier Mountains do nothing toward Legion, but rather raise Chardok (Brood of Di'Zok.) p.s. the first 3 sets of goblins don't do you any good toward Chardok unless they're dropping goblin skins.

As far as Brood of Kotiz, you can call me a clown, but I'll be the one laughing when you think you've raised your necromancer faction, and I get to watch you die in West Cabilis.

See Encroaching Death's post above re: factions from the bone chips quest.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

technically certain ppl should have their faction capped butt its not and so not classic

disable bone chip quest until it can be properly implemented imo
Old 01-14-2023, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bone chips quest does raise necro, it just takes the longest (6-8000). You can use Google and figure this out.

So once again before this clown decided to comment. Kill goblins until Trooper faction. Then bone chip your ass off until you max the rest
Iksar necro faction is Brood of Kotiz.

Bone chip quest does *not* raise Brood of Kotiz.

You cannot raise Iksar necro faction with bone chips.
Last edited by jadier; 01-14-2023 at 11:56 AM..
Old 01-14-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe you are either thinking of another game or you are hallucinating when you remember being able to turn in quest items to an npc while invis. And just because you watch other people turning in massive numbers of bone chips doesn't mean that they haven't already put in the time and effort to raise their faction above kos.

I repeat, the key is patience. If that is a problem for you, I'm afraid that nothing else any of us has to say is going to help.
You can turn in items to NPCs while invis on P99. Opening the trade window does drop your current invis, but it is possible to re-invis while you have the trade window up. You can only do this when the mob isn't going to agro you, though. So you would need to lull the mob, or be at least doubious. The benefit to this is it raises your faction to indifferent during turn-in.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-14-2023 at 01:03 PM..
Old 01-14-2023, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Snaring a mob on a LoS blocking corner and dropping aggro is a good way to do kos hand ins too. Obviously you may still need an invis as most quests won’t work on kos faction.

Some zones don’t really have LoS blocking terrain so I’m unsure how convenient this trick would be for iksar bone chips.

I think I used it in kael to give captain belly head.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-14-2023, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snaring a mob on a LoS blocking corner and dropping aggro is a good way to do kos hand ins too. Obviously you may still need an invis as most quests won’t work on kos faction.

Some zones don’t really have LoS blocking terrain so I’m unsure how convenient this trick would be for iksar bone chips.

I think I used it in kael to give captain belly head.
Yup, you can use LoS too. You can open a trade window with any NPC as long as they don't agro you, and you are in range.