Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-10-2023, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

I expect they are very close. Shovel has more delay which isn’t bad for timing spells (full haste can still almost get a calefaction off, jolts are easy). Less ideal melee stats tho besides raw hps.

So much of this game is right place, right time. Even at the top there are subtle pros/cons to a lot of things.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I expect they are very close. Shovel has more delay which isn’t bad for timing spells (full haste can still almost get a calefaction off, jolts are easy). Less ideal melee stats tho besides raw hps.

So much of this game is right place, right time. Even at the top there are subtle pros/cons to a lot of things.
Bigger delay = better minimum hit too. Use a low attack class on a high ac mob you want to have that guaranteed damage!! (I guess?)

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-10-2023, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bigger delay = better minimum hit too. Use a low attack class on a high ac mob you want to have that guaranteed damage!! (I guess?)
Per Lucy’s damage bonus table

50/43 = 37 bonus (.860 bonus/delay)
45/38 = 32 bonus (.842 bonus/delay)

I think this is optimizing to the point of nausea; even the cast/swing theory is. The better melee stats on the sword and not depriving a better class of the shovel (monk or tank) prob makes sense for a 2hs ranger. I don’t think anyone should be shamed for spending their points/picks though. It is a game in the end.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per Lucy’s damage bonus table

50/43 = 37 bonus (.860 bonus/delay)
45/38 = 32 bonus (.842 bonus/delay)

I think this is optimizing to the point of nausea; even the cast/swing theory is. The better melee stats on the sword and not depriving a better class of the shovel (monk or tank) prob makes sense for a 2hs ranger. I don’t think anyone should be shamed for spending their points/picks though. It is a game in the end.
Harder part of 2h build is having proper haste outside of epic offhand most would have. Easiest 41% haste is prob grey suede boots or Yeli and lot of guilds dont do those.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Harder part of 2h build is having proper haste outside of epic offhand most would have. Easiest 41% haste is prob grey suede boots or Yeli and lot of guilds dont do those.
Yea but can cap with an EC item and shiss. Just not sure how far that 20attack off VoG stretches. Like monks, looting a decent 2h seemsthe best path just since it keeps people from being tempted by odd dw combos.

Back to knights, its one of the reasons I think for casual raiders if they can pick up a Rocksmasher it's tough to beat. Pallies get a lot of benefit by being able to yaulp4 and the 41% goes great with VoG. Sk's do well with it too. Just overall a nice pickup that keeps you from ever "needing" to go to PoSky.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-10-2023 at 04:34 PM..
Old 01-10-2023, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yea but can cap with an EC item and shiss. Just not sure how far that 20attack off VoG stretches. Like monks, looting a decent 2h seemsthe best path just since it keeps people from being tempted by odd dw combos.

Back to knights, its one of the reasons I think for casual raiders if they can pick up a Rocksmasher it's tough to beat. Pallies get a lot of benefit by being able to yaulp4 and the 41% goes great with VoG. Sk's do well with it too. Just overall a nice pickup that keeps you from ever "needing" to go to PoSky.
its more then 20attack tho, if ya dont have dont have the vog attack +attack loss from epic offhand, its quite a lot of attack missing to 2h. i dont mind 2h cause it comes out a head with proper 41% haste and very specific weapons. otherwise 1h prob would overall win from ease of use, ranger specific. Believe me i prefer 2h so not knocking it, i use it 99% of time (less KT)
Old 01-10-2023, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks,

Yea I didn’t put together that it was going to be such a drop. While some cek 2h rangers are still putting down solid numbers with a CoF every bit helps with the quest for BiS.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks,

Yea I didn’t put together that it was going to be such a drop. While some cek 2h rangers are still putting down solid numbers with a CoF every bit helps with the quest for BiS.
usually if you can do cek, you can get hosh boots tho to be fair, its not like VP is harder and draft.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its more then 20attack tho, if ya dont have dont have the vog attack +attack loss from epic offhand, its quite a lot of attack missing to 2h. i dont mind 2h cause it comes out a head with proper 41% haste and very specific weapons. otherwise 1h prob would overall win from ease of use, ranger specific. Believe me i prefer 2h so not knocking it, i use it 99% of time (less KT)
I got my ranger a tunare whip to switch out when earthcaller is going to be too spicy. I've not had a chance to really test it out properly yet.

Is it any good?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-10-2023, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got my ranger a tunare whip to switch out when earthcaller is going to be too spicy. I've not had a chance to really test it out properly yet.

Is it any good?
2x dmg +11 / Delay for mainhand ratio. 30 +11 /21. 1.95 ratio. its ok but kriezen flame for instance is 2.05, baton around that too.

cek sword out dps it usually with proper gear out tho.