Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-07-2023, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE gets Ring of the Dead to bind anywhere as a melee. Not sure how rare they are on blue these days, but if you can find someone selling then you can have it MQ'd to your SK via the recharge quest.
They don't exist
Old 01-07-2023, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Innoruuk Human is the Min/Max Fashion choice, Inny Field Plate may be one of the most beautiful armor sets in the game, just pair that with the epic and you're drop dead gorgeous.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:07 AM
Orc

The single best weapon you can get that will help out tremendously during the early game is a noctivagant blade. Had one when I started my troll sk and a cheap + str shield. I would also get a cheap 2hs, 1hb, 2hb, pierce weapon to keep your skills topped off as you level. Poison Wind cesnsor for 2hb, mace of the shadowed soul for 1hb, ace of lost souls for 2hs, and whatever for pierce there are a lot of choices (harpoon of the depths, iceflame, crystalline spider fang). Anything cheap to keep your skill up. In the mid to late levels 2h weapons will become better.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

An advantage of a hum /eru/DE is a free 100hp shield from any rogue fight in kith. Basically a free ToV shield just for being there. It doesn’t close the stat gap but it’s something. A human and Iksar are the only small races who can equip a Frostreaver. It’s not the epic but is a solid pick for a tank weapon and looks great.

Just more thought fodder.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE gets Ring of the Dead to bind anywhere as a melee. Not sure how rare they are on blue these days, but if you can find someone selling then you can have it MQ'd to your SK via the recharge quest.
DE 100% for the reason stated above. You can cap any stat you want but there is no replacing this QoL item.

If that doesn't interest you...its human for fashion.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE 100% for the reason stated above. You can cap any stat you want but there is no replacing this QoL item.

If that doesn't interest you...its human for fashion.
If you can buy very rare/expensive loot that doesn't drop anymore, you can just buy a locket for any race/class. Or even buy a locket click for cheaper.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE has hard time capping sta, even with pretty good gear. Less you are VQ/riot alt
Can get to 255 with Shaman buff, with basically no raiding, outside of HoT groups. Would require lots of rough to get items requiring luck (BoB’s, Ring 9 roll etc) Although you’re right, it’s not super easy, which is why I added the “depending how seriously you plan to play/raid it’s easy” stipulation, because that is what it takes. Especially since Pally/SK items can be pretty easy to come by in a raid environment
Last edited by Trelaboon; 01-11-2023 at 01:08 AM..
Old 01-11-2023, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can get to 255 with Shaman buff, with basically no raiding, outside of HoT groups. Would require lots of rough to get items requiring luck (BoB’s, Ring 9 roll etc) Although you’re right, it’s not super easy, which is why I added the “depending how seriously you plan to play/raid it’s easy” stipulation, because that is what it takes. Especially since Pally/SK items can be pretty easy to come by in a raid environment
Mines pretty geared for outside raid,wtov with hot arms,vegs, str of elements, epic, priceless, ring 9, chardok ring 2, needs Bob still, has cords. 34 sta short buffed. Raiding can make it obviously but outside raiding not likely without sacrificing other stats for high sta like prexus totem.

sure theres still a path but to get it is def not as easy, vindi bp and boots, narandi and bob would gain me close? not sure id still cap tbh. but thats quite a lot of gear to cap a DE compared.
Last edited by Ripqozko; 01-11-2023 at 01:33 AM..
Old 01-11-2023, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sure theres still a path but to get it is def not as easy, vindi bp and boots, narandi and bob would gain me close? not sure id still cap tbh. but thats quite a lot of gear to cap a DE compared.
Are you factoring in 2x alchemy stamina potions? For as seldom as a shadowknight actually needs maximum possible health, alchemy serves adequately to make up the difference and doesn't cost too much.

Danth
Old 01-11-2023, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you factoring in 2x alchemy stamina potions? For as seldom as a shadowknight actually needs maximum possible health, alchemy serves adequately to make up the difference and doesn't cost too much.

Danth
no, nor am i factoring in 5sta from food, not saying theres not a path, im saying its a hell lot more required then other races with starting higher sta/str.