Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp%20Rules is literally this. Everything listed there comes from a public GM ruling quote.

This is largely correct. It sounds (and is) incredibly lame, but our all-volunteer staff doesn't have the bandwidth to enforce proper/classic lists ... which is exactly why they introduced the P99 version ... /list.
So OOT AC, the next player has to have a presence in the zone or he loses his spot. Good to know.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So OOT AC, the next player has to have a presence in the zone or he loses his spot. Good to know.
The camp rules are pretty clear on this,the camp holder can pass to whomever they want as long as they are within a few minutes of spawn.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:55 AM
Sarnak

”Unofficially speaking, AC camp, sure. If you are next at the list I would stay near by so the trade off can happen quickly. If the list keeper gets his spawn and leaves and you are not there, you can lose the camp. For SF, I find it dumb to have to stay in the zone for that long. But if you wish to keep your spot it's in your best interest to be there during the spawns.
The thing is, lists are really driven by the players, if you are the list keeper it's in your rights to tell people if they want on the list, they must stay in the zone.
Here's the thing folks, we want people to have fun, but there are lots of players who like to abuse what we say and what few rules we have out there. If we suspect you are lawyerquesting or being a dick, we have no issue suspending you for PNP. If you feel I'm not being fair, go speak to Llandris, Braknar or Sirken. Don't be a jerk to me, I'm really here to help you guys enjoy the game.
If you ever need help understanding how a camp in particular works, don't be afraid of posting in the petitions / exploits forums asking a question, I'm happy to work it out with you. But keep in mind, we don't have solid rules written down for specific camps because every situation is different, but we do state guidelines here and there.”

This really isn’t complicated. Camp holder decides and as long as he is still online he can give the camp to whomever he wants. In this case there is a list and camp holder agreed to let people onto the list who’re playing their alts, this is fine as long as they’re able to show up in reasonable time to take over.

It’s really not that hard. The only unknown (to me) is if someone betrays the /list and starts corpsing rings or giving it to their guild instead.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The camp rules are pretty clear on this,the camp holder can pass to whomever they want as long as they are within a few minutes of spawn.
Lies: the camp rules say nothing about "a few minutes" anywhere. I wish they specified time.

The only language we have to go on, officially, is that you have to wait "a reasonable amount of time" if you want to take a camp from someone. So if someone is going to give a camp to their guildie, but you wait 20 seconds, and they don't engage, you can take the camp ... as long as you're willing to bet that if a GM shows up, they consider 20 seconds "reasonable". (I would, but I'm no GM.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
”Unofficially speaking, AC camp, sure. If you are next at the list I would stay near by so the trade off can happen quickly. If the list keeper gets his spawn and leaves and you are not there, you can lose the camp. For SF, I find it dumb to have to stay in the zone for that long. But if you wish to keep your spot it's in your best interest to be there during the spawns.
The thing is, lists are really driven by the players, if you are the list keeper it's in your rights to tell people if they want on the list, they must stay in the zone.
Here's the thing folks, we want people to have fun, but there are lots of players who like to abuse what we say and what few rules we have out there. If we suspect you are lawyerquesting or being a dick, we have no issue suspending you for PNP. If you feel I'm not being fair, go speak to Llandris, Braknar or Sirken. Don't be a jerk to me, I'm really here to help you guys enjoy the game.
If you ever need help understanding how a camp in particular works, don't be afraid of posting in the petitions / exploits forums asking a question, I'm happy to work it out with you. But keep in mind, we don't have solid rules written down for specific camps because every situation is different, but we do state guidelines here and there.”
Where is that quote from? I'd love to add it to the rulings page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only unknown (to me) is if someone betrays the /list and starts corpsing rings or giving it to their guild instead.
This can't happen because of how /list works (except during the holiday double loot). Once you loot the item, you're off the list.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lies: the camp rules say nothing about "a few minutes" anywhere. I wish they specified time.

.)
person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so.

Copied directly from camp rules.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so.

Copied directly from camp rules.
Ah, good catch! I'd forgotten about that for lists, and that quote is actually more specific than you indicated ("couple" being more specific than "few").

But still, with the "in general" and "or so" in there, it almost amounts to as much as "a reasonable amount of time". All we know is that if you wait at least two minutes you can probably take a camp from someone who claims there's someone on a list incoming ... but even that's not certain.

And it's also unclear ... let's say I get to AC and it's up, but someone is sitting there claiming their guildie is inc. If I wait one minute, then kill the AC, will I get in trouble?

All it would take is one sentence from the staff (eg. "You only get the right to rekill a mob you killed previously for exactly one minute after it spawns") to eliminate so much disagreement between players.

Last edited by loramin; 01-07-2023 at 05:33 PM..
Old 01-08-2023, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You have to honor a list. Handing off to whomever you want isn't honoring a list. Not only that...the campholder is required to tell you who is next on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 01-08-2023 at 03:37 AM..
Old 01-08-2023, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to honor a list. Handing off to whomever you want isn't honoring a list. Not only that...the campholder is required to tell you who is next on the list.
None of that is true,played held lists are a courtesy not a requirement.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules
Link to camp rules,with GM's take on it quoted.

Note where it says camp holder can pass to whoever they want.
This is obviously shitty of the person and most people will follow a player held list, but not doing so is right in the rulings as ok.
Last edited by PatChapp; 01-08-2023 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Added link
Old 01-08-2023, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Note where it says camp holder can pass to whoever they want.
The staff has never said it in a quote I could find and record, but there's a very long precedent of them supporting the "camp holders can pass camp to whomever they want". A few motivated individuals have locked down camps for weeks on P99, and the staff did nothing.

Again, it's absolutely unclassic and a terrible policy ... but I don't think the staff wants it .... they just don't want to have to babysit every single camp exchange in the game either, and they don't want to eliminate handing off camps to friends/guildmates entirely, so I think they see it as the lesser of two evils.