Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-12-2022, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Pally critical lull fail

Has anyone actually side by side parsed with the same mob a same gear high charisma pally versus a dwarf average charisma paladin?

I mean like the same actual charisma upgrades like you’d have if reasonably well geared. So not base 45 charisma but the actually working charisma level of a velious paladin.

I just wanna know if it’s worth being a stupid human or high elf instead of a handsome dwarf just because of the charisma.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-12-2022 at 10:50 PM..
Old 12-13-2022, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

I think this is the closest thing I’ve read on the forums:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383

I leveled up in Unrest and gradually got rid of my Crusty and started using a crude stein to break the basement. The bump from sub 100 to low 100’s felt noticeable. I think a few piece set would be sufficient. Jester crown, crude stein, overseer signets, maybe a dragonskin mask from WW. Mine has a lot more pieces but swapping that much gear is a PITA.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

Assuming it works as for enchanters, yes it's noticable.

A Dwarf will struggle getting any decent cha even with the glamour sword and max points into charisma. IIRC a dwarf with max charisma could would still have better melee stats than a Human or Erudite who went all sta (I'd go all cha). If you don't have a crown of narandi then kobold jester's crown makes sense and largely makes up for the poor charisma. Items like Matchless Dragon Bracers and Greaves of Distraction could help.

TLDR: Dwarf will be doable if you're twinking HARD, otherwise you will have a noticable difference when it comes to lulls.

A human should be a fair choice too if you don't wanna go HE. Almost same cha as HE and better stats.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

It depends where you fight too and how actively you use lull spells. In a group likely never. Solo sometimes depending where you adventure.

Splitting two guards near a zone line? Easy. Over a course of a solo grind in lower guk you could see more 2-4 pulls with no easy escape.

I always picked safer spots. Roll the dice enough you are going to get snake eyes. Without a long duration root until 54 cycle-camping two rooted npcs is almost impossible.
Old 12-13-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Its noticeable. Human max cha paladin = ultimate min/max
Old 12-13-2022, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone actually side by side parsed with the same mob a same gear high charisma pally versus a dwarf average charisma paladin?

I mean like the same actual charisma upgrades like you’d have if reasonably well geared. So not base 45 charisma but the actually working charisma level of a velious paladin.

I just wanna know if it’s worth being a stupid human or high elf instead of a handsome dwarf just because of the charisma.
Yes -- I'm not at home so I don't have my data tables, but I recorded data for a paladin and cleric.

At 100 cha, Paladin got crit resist about 30% of the time on Lull. At 175 CHA, paladin got about 10% crit resist on lull.

Cleric was the same. There is a formula around here, I'll dig through my posts, to find it.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

dwarves cant wear robes, automatically worse. hope that helps.
Old 12-13-2022, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

150+ is really the sweet spot for paci
255 is best,but below 150 crits are noticeably more frequent.
If you have 130-140 from gear,with the glamour sword you should be ok for regular XP mobs.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

MobRoll = ((((MobMR + MobLevel) / 3) / MobMaxMR()) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

CasterRoll = (((CasterCha + CasterLevel / 3) / CasterMaxCha) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

If the Caster Roll is less than Mob Roll, you get a "Critical" resist, and the mob will aggro.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

this is why high elf is the ultimate min/max race in this era for paladin.