Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-30-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to add paladin is essential for raiding. Soulfires save engages and +200 hp buff helps a ton too...sorry sk sucks on raid aside from maybe doing train outs with pet...can tank VP ok for snap agro.
Literally anyone can tank vp, my ranger has. Hope that helps.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

These war vs sk threads never get old. All I have to say is nobody ever does a /who all for sk or pally before they do one for a war. If they do its just cause of dumb misguided threads like these. Everyon3 vouching for sk here is a parrot or they have an sk and they are bias.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These war vs sk threads never get old. All I have to say is nobody ever does a /who all for sk or pally before they do one for a war. If they do its just cause of dumb misguided threads like these. Everyon3 vouching for sk here is a parrot or they have an sk and they are bias.
Lol, these threads also always have a “war or bust” person as well with no reasoning behind it. I have all 3 classes, I can say with confidence that my war contributed little to nothing in most groups over an sk/pal besides some niche disc pulling. war dps ain’t shit with aggro weapons either.

If I’m forming a deep dungeon group I’m looking for pallies first unless it’s some niche scenario where fd is needed than sk. War is for one grouping epic mobs as DSM mentioned. Most content is so easy technically ranger tank is prob best for DS dps now that flame lick was fixed.
Last edited by Crede; 12-30-2022 at 01:37 PM..
Old 12-30-2022, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound pretty casual.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-30-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yea nobody wants a mid 50's knight when you can get a mid 50's warrior for a PUG situation. Who doesnt love healing everyone but the tank? jk

In the end it doesnt really matter; play whatever tank you want and slug it out to 60. Most group content is horribly easy. As its been mentioned a ranger with a swarmcaller can snooze most of it. So can a bard. Or just let the shaman tank in The Hole.

If people arent dull as a q-tip just fill the roles and get on with your day. If the randos you invite truly do suck it will just make you a better player having to clean up their mess.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-30-2022 at 04:08 PM..
Old 12-30-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Cool (!)

War is best cos it can tank an almost infinite number of velks spiders at once with evasive running, making it best puller for bard aoe groups.

Does bard aoe still generate enough aggro to be viable group strat after nerfs?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 12-30-2022 at 04:10 PM..
Old 01-03-2023, 06:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

WAR/SK/PAL

Up to you - all require gear, SK/PAL prolly easier to casually solo.
Knights do have some aggro advantages in group dungeon crawling.

Either way, very early on make sure you grab the longest range bow you can and learn how to fletch class 2 wood point arrows (long range and cheap) - great stuff for pulling and saves a lot of chasing targets.
Last edited by Gobgob frum Grobb; 01-03-2023 at 06:13 AM..
Old 01-03-2023, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally anyone can tank vp, my ranger has. Hope that helps.
Omg I'm trying to help them out a little [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They should make reaper SK only so they at least have a mini soulfires... rofl
Old 01-03-2023, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

After this last patch, SK's lost the one cool thing they had...
Old 01-03-2023, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

SK is super fun for all sorts of reasons—3 fds, instant invis, on demand aggro, pet, fear, snare, etc. In general for small group, hybrids are more useful unless you really need disc (not really a small group thing) or your warrior has lots of toys. At the high end, they play significantly different though. As an SK, the pulling and tagging element becomes a lot more of the focus, so if you're not into that and just want to tank get thee to a warrior.

As for race, don't over think it. Ogre is good for a raiding warrior, but pretty meh for SK. Warriors need to move raid mobs around and getting stunned makes that harder. SKs just tag shit and run around or tank easy trash in camp—frontal stun isn't a concern. For war, if you're just casually grouping, I prefer a more utility race like Halfling as sneak and hide are super handy when you have no other abilities.

Just remember there's no wrong answer and enjoy the journey.
Last edited by Keebz; 01-03-2023 at 06:13 PM..