Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-23-2022, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Sorry you are forced to look at EverQuest now and not just chat box. The game telegraphs what's going on in multiple ways. Be proactive. By level 20 on nearly any class, EQ has essentially engrained an internal timer in the minds of anyone who's awake lol. Even my asshole knows how to take a shit in sync with my Chase the Moon lol
Old 11-23-2022, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

The timed ones aren't the issue, those are easy. It's the root and mez messages, complicates things if your multitasking or doing hard content.
Don't get me wrong it's not the end of the world but it certainly complicates things
Old 11-23-2022, 02:43 PM
Banned

My root timer is fairly primitive. The mob actually lets me know when it drops.

Not my audio cue or anything. It notifies me by trying to end my life.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

I take it you don't play an enchanter, we keep mobs root in the hope that on a charm break we only have one interrupting our spells.
Sometimes a 3min root breaks after one or two ticks and now we have no idea. It isn't terrible but certainly increases the death rate
Old 11-23-2022, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take it you don't play an enchanter, we keep mobs root in the hope that on a charm break we only have one interrupting our spells.
Sometimes a 3min root breaks after one or two ticks and now we have no idea. It isn't terrible but certainly increases the death rate
I play a Necro deep in HS, reverse charming a pack of 4 at a time.

Granted, it's not easier than a week ago when I had the messages, but when you do it hours on end (like we all do) a rhythm develops.

It's like waking up 30 seconds before your alarm clock goes off.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Now have enchanters are been nerf'd!
Old 11-23-2022, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds bad on paper, but when playing, you get used to it fairly quickly.

You'll get a feeling for which dots to use and the mob's health when those dots stop ticking.

It's very similar to how people got used to not seeing the damage ticks on dots. You adapt a lot faster than you'd think.
At max level this is actually true, I feel like a psychic because I can tell when a spell is going to wear off and begin casting it and land it right as the worn off message hits. But I'm leveling this character, and just got two new DoTs, so it's hard to tell. Root has always been random etc.

Not really the end of the world, but compare this to my Cleric (who I main). It doesn't affect my Cleric at all because I'm mostly just sitting down and watching health bars, and buffing every hour or two or as needed.

Feel like I should prob just try to find a group to heal in the meantime because it's a little stressful when a root break or snare wearing off = me dead, lol.

Edit: Also this game has been doing this to me for years, where it'll look like the mob is running towards you, but they are actually still rooted. In the past I knew it was safe to just sit there until I got the message that root had worn off. If I do that now, there's a 50% chance that I'll get one shotted, so yeah. Simply watching the character you are root rotting to see when they start charging towards you has never really been viable, I learned that very early on with P99.
Last edited by WokeCat; 11-23-2022 at 09:12 PM..
Old 11-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

It kind of sucks when charming, because you have to keep re-rooting to make sure the target is rooted for when you break charm.

Would hate playing enchanter like this. Druid and Nec arent as bad because of survivability spells
Old 11-29-2022, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It kind of sucks when charming, because you have to keep re-rooting to make sure the target is rooted for when you break charm.

Would hate playing enchanter like this. Druid and Nec arent as bad because of survivability spells
Yeah root breaks are pretty annoying as a result. Charm breaks aren't bad if soloing because they are obvious, but pretty annoying when doing group or raid content.

GINA helps
Old 11-29-2022, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah root breaks are pretty annoying as a result. Charm breaks aren't bad if soloing because they are obvious, but pretty annoying when doing group or raid content.

GINA helps
Aye, doesnt help with early breaks though.

But all the people acting like "well just get good, now you arent looking at chat boxes"

Worn off messages have been around since 1999 lol.