Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-21-2023, 06:30 AM
Banned

Default Is it even logistically possible to merge Blue with Green?

If your character slots are already filled on both servers, how would this work exactly?
Old 01-21-2023, 06:36 AM
Aviak

Nope it ain’t and I’m glad you brung it up because I’ve been dying to talk about it for a hot minute
Old 01-21-2023, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

You just delete the ones you don't want (all those psycho poopsock mules).

So in answer to OP yes of course it is. And you could have made your characters on a separate login server account. That is on you.

You don't have 6 full accounts worth of BIS 60s do you?

Also this happened to me on live on test when they did a full restore. I got back like 50 lvl 1-20 characters i had deleted making alts. I just deleted them until my main reappeared.

Hope this helps.

Also u could merge the excess characters into red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2023, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your character slots are already filled on both servers, how would this work exactly?
This was addressed years ago. There is nothing preventing a merge on the technical side. Your client can only show 8 characters per account, but the host has no such limitation. In the event of a merge, no characters would be deleted, but only 8 would display to a player. If a player had more than 8 in total characters he would have to delete characters for "hidden" characters to show.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

either that or just petitionto get it moved to another login server account a bit of a mess butt they could be done in batch per wek or month per the staff so no ded forever chars

(at worst)

99% of chars ppl have filling up their accounts are mules with junk items
Old 01-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just delete the ones you don't want (all those psycho poopsock mules).

So in answer to OP yes of course it is. And you could have made your characters on a separate login server account. That is on you.

You don't have 6 full accounts worth of BIS 60s do you?

Also this happened to me on live on test when they did a full restore. I got back like 50 lvl 1-20 characters i had deleted making alts. I just deleted them until my main reappeared.

Hope this helps.

Also u could merge the excess characters into red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live supposedly has the same problem, but you can just scroll thru ur toons using the up and down keys instead of clicking with mouse. Even if you got like 12 toons on a 4 slot account.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-21-2023, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

So either WokeCat, Paisley and magnetaress all just happen to sound alike, and all happen to post at 2AM/3AM PST ... of they are all sock puppets of one very sad individual, and we should stop encouraging them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

No. I'm for real different.

I think you are just being jealous Loramin. Cuz we are a lot alike and have found forums kinship.

It can't all be constant lawyerquesting and death threats and pixel entitlement all of the time.

Sometimes u just gotta ask the big questions. Like is Pond one or two camps and who gets to decide? How do u wanna decide?
Old 01-21-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Also I slept a few hrs. Woke up saw a post about it. And decided to set the record straight yet again

The plan was to merge.

It was always technically feasible. Just gotta copy and paste some data around. A few simple commands. Gg.

The real question is there any good reason to deny newbies a fresh start when you can literally forever keep ur horde of green pixels on blue?

They should reset green one final time.

Make sleeper immune to dmg. And keep legacy gear in forever. TD binds forever. Legacy quests.. Then twilight the project. Or gift it so ppl can make player expansions for classic EQ.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.