Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-07-2022, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Narandi's crown seems amazing, but I just have no way of making that happen. I'm selling sacrifices to necromancers as it is to buy some of this stuff!

I'll pick up some DS pots, SoW pots and charisma items and get to work later this week!

Zell: sorry you're on green as well. I'm sure i'll be soloing more than I wish I was.
Old 11-07-2022, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Be careful, DS pots are highly addictive and can lead to chronic abuse.

In the words of David Lee Roth, "I used to have a drug problem, now I make enough money."
Old 11-07-2022, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be careful, DS pots are highly addictive and can lead to chronic abuse.

In the words of David Lee Roth, "I used to have a drug problem, now I make enough money."
I've got a handful of characters I never planned on saccing that I can turn to if I need more hits of that kilvas
Old 11-07-2022, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Oceanpray, Erudite paladin of Prexus lives!
Old 11-07-2022, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kobold Jester Crown seems like a very good idea. Any other high value charisma items worth picking up to swap? I could maybe force myself to farm enough for a necklace of superiority. That seems generically good.

Otherwise i'm looking at a setup of something like this: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Erud_Paladin
https://wiki.project1999.com/Luminary_Two_Handed_Sword
Old 11-08-2022, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like it! I'll look into that as well.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

I always forget about that sword. Pretty cool.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

A knight is going to solo much easier than a warrior these days. Less deaths, less having to flee, easier splitting etc. Warriors scale better and are insane with the best gear but still will have to pick their targets carefully. Root net and battle bind nerf, etc.

As a general tank for non-raid targets a knight is great. In basic group and “help out” situations they are as well. I’d play a warrior if you want to have more toys and be able to DW. Otherwise with moderate goals and gear I think you will be more frustrated in terms of actual tanking and solo capacity.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

As others have stated, gnomes are the de jure twink warrior solo build. Having leveled my HIE paladin to 59 and my GNM warrior to 59 as well, I am having more "fun" leveling the gnome war, because it just feels like a much sturdier class. Your HP goes down a lot slower and in much smaller chunks, you get evasive at lvl 52 which is amazing, and access to a lot of utility weapons that make you the "mage-blade".

I have a 60 SK, 59 war and 59 paladin though, so disregard my opinion because I literally like to level all the classes lol
Old 11-09-2022, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A knight is going to solo much easier than a warrior these days. Less deaths, less having to flee, easier splitting etc. Warriors scale better and are insane with the best gear but still will have to pick their targets carefully. Root net and battle bind nerf, etc.

As a general tank for non-raid targets a knight is great. In basic group and “help out” situations they are as well. I’d play a warrior if you want to have more toys and be able to DW. Otherwise with moderate goals and gear I think you will be more frustrated in terms of actual tanking and solo capacity.
Knights do plenty of tanking in raiding though. Warriors tank TOV dragons / vindi and whatnot but basically everything else is tanked by knights. Depending on the content your guild is doing, you're more likely to tank more things as a knight unless your guild is at the absolute tip top of content. And if your guild is there, or a zerg guild, you probably won't be tanking much either way.