Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 07-07-2022, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

I added everyones' suggestions here to the Per-Level Hunting Guide. It had most of the spots already, but didn't have them all labeled as "Good for Shadow Knights".

Now that it does, you can click "Shadow Knight" at the top and see a nice list of places to hunt as a Shadow Knight ... at least from 40 on (the guide could definitely use some lower-level SK spots).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey! Approaching 50 on my SK and looking for ideas on where to head next. Stuff I’m considering so far, not sure how good it is to fear kite at these location though.

Butcher block guards
Kelethin guards
Wakening lands dragons, goos
The Hole
Sebilis?
Charasis?

Any other ideas? Don’t mind the occasional group/duo but trying to stay away from KC
Those places are all possible, CoM is pretty good as well. You’d be surprised how many close quarter places an sk can fear kite(especially if you can slam). I initially wrote it off as an annoying way to level but it’s pretty much essential 50+ for good solo xp. I can effectively go for hours if done correctly paired with the blood ember gauntlets/boots when I need to balance the mana from dooming darkness/fear/spook the dead. I do have a crown of narandi/fungi though, but I assume most people these days can obtain those items or just paying for a POTG every few hours is totally worth the xp boost once you figure out a good spot.

Also do not neglect the added damage potential of the 52/58 pet. The max level 52 pet is an 8 level jump from the max 49 pet. Get yourself a reclaim energy item to help with getting to max. It’s more than just a tiny dot, a good pet is capable of doing at least 1/4 your dps. Here’s a screenshot I took from the max 52 pet with strengthen death:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Crede; 07-09-2022 at 12:01 PM..
Old 07-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

The max 52 pet auto dual wields as well. I'd try for max almost every time. It really improves DPS. At 58, it's less essential.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The max 52 pet auto dual wields as well. I'd try for max almost every time. It really improves DPS. At 58, it's less essential.
On a mid 50's Shadowknight I recommend carrying some junk weapons or (better) torches. It's nice to get the max pet but you'll inevitably get strings where you can summon ten or more in a row without a max. Not too big a deal to torch something that hits for 35's instead of waiting for the 39 hitter. It's real nice to not have to worry about that anymore with the final pet spell at level 58.

It's true a lot of players severely under-rate the pet. I suspect it's because they get used to the crappy middle-level pets, mentally write them off, then never give 'em a second chance at high level. It becomes a very useful damage source. It doesn't hurt to use the Strengthen Death spell if you can spare the mana and buff bar slot. That also noticeably improves the pet, especially if you have a good one.

Danth
Old 07-16-2022, 01:20 AM
Kobold

Thx for all the suggestions! Tried both CoM and the spectrals at EJ zone line and both of them are good spots. Spectrals are easy but a bit more boring than CoM imo. One added benefit is that they are very close to each other to it’s easy to switch in case one of the camps isn’t open
Old 08-08-2022, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did Felwithe guards until about 54 i think and then moved on to Kelethin guards until 58 (there will be 4-6 guards that remain blue per spawn cycle)
Any recommendations on where to fight the guards in Kelethin? Tried a few rounds but they keep running of the platforms when fear kiting which is super annoying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide
outside rogue's guild is a good spot to pull singles
The entry also links to another forum post ... but it's kind of Wizard-centric so I don't know how helpful it would be. Still, it sounds like "outside Rogue's Guild" is where you should try; that will at least get you singles, but you'll still need to be careful about where you pull (and use snare) to avoid the falling off part.

P.S. Here's a video of a Necro doing them ... not quite the same, but close.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-08-2022 at 04:43 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

I used to just pull them to the ground.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any recommendations on where to fight the guards in Kelethin? Tried a few rounds but they keep running of the platforms when fear kiting which is super annoying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't killed Kelethin Guards, so this is just some general advice that may help.

Have you tried using the first level Fear spell? When dealing with short fear runways, you want to use the Fear spell with the shortest duration so the mob runs the smallest distance. You also want to use your best snare. You can also bash/slam while they are running. Each time they are stunned they will stop running for a second.

If the tactic above doesn't work, you may need to just let them run off and then levitate down to finish them. Not ideal, but bad pathing is bad pathing.

Finally, you could try dispelling them before they fall off the platform. Definitely not great either, but it could work.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

I did nobles/bards/isa on my SK until 55. But I think nobles are broke now with merchant aggro? Idk.

I messed around with Kelethin guards a bit on my SK, but it was way more tolerable on my wizard. I was pulling down to ground and fear kiting, but this was annoying as I couldn't keep a pet up when invis'n back up the lift. You could try short duration fears up top as DSM mentioned, you'll really have to watch pathing, perhaps there is a good spot up there to do it though.