Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What is your green 2.0 first main going to be, mebbe even first to hit 60!
Cleric!! 3 9.09%
WIzord 3 9.09%
SHaman 2 6.06%
Enchantor 5 15.15%
Droude 2 6.06%
Arch Magius 2 6.06%
Warriawr! 2 6.06%
Shadow Knite! 2 6.06%
Paaladan! 1 3.03%
Birde 2 6.06%
Nukeromanticer 3 9.09%
Rangufur 1 3.03%
Return to Monke! 3 9.09%
Purified mana melts sea temper reinforced freeport steel beams! 6 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2023, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Dark elf war, don't care about guide, like current green, everyone has one so it don't matter lol.

I'll feel bad for my guild though cause I'll be useless till velious gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2023, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll feel bad for my guild though cause I'll be useless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pin this please. Hope that helps.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:09 PM
Banned

Ripqozko be a nice human being challenge

difficulty: impossible
Old 01-30-2023, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was gonna say Druid/Wizard cuz being able to get around and make money porting sounds epic, but then I realized everyone will be broke cuz new server and now idk anymore lol
As someone who played during the early days of Green, I can say that there's actually still a big market for teleports. I recommend Wizard over Druid solely because I had several Wizard friends, and Druids are dime-a-dozen comparatively. Wizards are rare by comparison, but you can't even really access the Plane of Hate or Plane of Sky without Wizards, so some of my friends would be getting paid big $$$ to teleport entire raid forces into Hate.

Additionally because Wizards were so scarce, they were able to get full Wizard planar gear really fast, whereas with Enchanters/Necromancers/Magicians, gear was hotly contested to the point where most of my Enchanter and Necro friends quit playing the game after a couple of months of raiding and realizing they would never have enough DKP to get their items.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, wait...

Wtf...How have I never seen this before?

Are there Monk animations for Dark Elves?
Oh, yes, they is. Seeing a a Dark Elf do a flying kick is pretty sick NGL. They were literally everywhere on the early days of Green. I haven't played there in years so IDK how common it is now.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark elf war, don't care about guide, like current green, everyone has one so it don't matter lol.

I'll feel bad for my guild though cause I'll be useless till velious gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't feel like this is accurate NGL. My Gnome Warrior tanked Plane of Fear before Kunark dropped and had no issues. I remember it being hilarious when our raid leader was like "we need a tank" and I was like um excuse me, what do you think I am? They were genuinely baffled by a high level Gnome Warrior and even apologized.

But my experience with pre-kunark on green was that ogre and troll warriors were actually useless because they can't or won't pull in Guk or Sol B because they say they are too big. I would much rather have a slender elf who doesn't have the excuse to be lazy as their main racial passive.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't feel like this is accurate NGL. My Gnome Warrior tanked Plane of Fear before Kunark dropped and had no issues. I remember it being hilarious when our raid leader was like "we need a tank" and I was like um excuse me, what do you think I am? They were genuinely baffled by a high level Gnome Warrior and even apologized.

But my experience with pre-kunark on green was that ogre and troll warriors were actually useless because they can't or won't pull in Guk or Sol B because they say they are too big. I would much rather have a slender elf who doesn't have the excuse to be lazy as their main racial passive.
Yeah a gnome cleric with some sick charisma would be probably the best little dungeon ninja there ever was.
Old 01-30-2023, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah a gnome cleric with some sick charisma would be probably the best little dungeon ninja there ever was.
That's sort of what I mained on Green in the early days NGL

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(screenshotted this because we got 3 hooded black cloaks in like 30 minutes -- this was back when this was an expensive and coveted item -- 30 minutes sounds extreme, but Dhamp has a chance to respawn at 8PM and 6AM no matter what).

I didn't put all of my points into Charisma although I probably should have. The low wisdom on Gnome felt irrelevant and I eventually realized I was better off using armor / hp gear for solo'ing in Lower Guk since I was never full mana anyways. My Cleric could solo a lot of the camps in Guk with lull (again, this is where Charisma would come in to play). Being able to see through walls and actually see what was up gave me an edge since Clerics didn't have invis, but also being able to tell the people I was duo'ing with what mobs rares were up from across the map was kind of cool, and to let them know where other players were or where they were moving (yes, camps were kind of like a free for all in those days).

I still have an easier time breaking some camps with my Cleric than I do on my Shaman simply because of Lull. Shaman not having Lull and not having a pet up when you have to invis into a camp can make for a dangerous situation. Cleric just /target and lull from a mile away and then nuke stuff down really fast several minutes apart to the turn the camps into ez farms. And in Lower Guk in particular I could just bind directly outside, gate if something went wrong and then IVU back to my camp rapidly.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

bad news, there wont be a green 2.0 or a reset. TLP has us locked into a non-release cycle.

What you see is what we get.

Old 02-02-2023, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s hard to beat a dark elf monk ngl
It’s all well and good until you realize dark elves look naked in most of the monk gear