Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-30-2023, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never used a fungi? They must be a real bad item in your view then
Fungi is a useless and over hyped item.

Really only good until level 10.

I always sell mine once my alt hits 10.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

I agree troll regen is much better than FSI by a big margin.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

I think FSI and Regen are both fine racials, but I think having slam on a natural bash skilled class is really good, but having a kilt and a polar bear form is a racial nobody else can duplicate from barbarians and that is the finest racial known to man or wolf.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Most ogre players are Fat IRL and embracing some closeted body positivity movement in their virtual social life. (Lets face it my friends, if you play this game almost daily for 3+ months, you have almost no social life IRL to speak of and many of your IRL dreams have died a slow existential death or are starting to.)

Arguing ad nauseum about frontal stun immunity and stat benefits is simply cover for embracing a very fat and quite obtrusive character with some traits many of these players likely share IRL

Hope this helps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-31-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most ogre players are Fat IRL and embracing some closeted body positivity movement in their virtual social life. (Lets face it my friends, if you play this game almost daily for 3+ months, you have almost no social life IRL to speak of and many of your IRL dreams have died a slow existential death or are starting to.)

Arguing ad nauseum about frontal stun immunity and stat benefits is simply cover for embracing a very fat and quite obtrusive character with some traits many of these players likely share IRL

Hope this helps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With this logic I assume you believe all those female wood elf druids are fit females in real life[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-01-2023, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

Sneak is easily the most OP and abusable skill in the game. Halflings > all.

Racial regen is #2. Iksar > troll due to extra AC bonus. Kunark clicks suck.

Extra MR from being dorf or erudite is #3.

Match your classes to these racials accordingly.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-01-2023, 01:08 PM
Aviak

I agree with OP, on this server for some reason FSI seems pretty useless along with a lot of other things on p99 that make no dam sense to me but its free so /shrugs. But when compared to other emulators such as TAKP it's more telling how nerfed FSI is on here.
Old 02-01-2023, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with OP, on this server for some reason FSI seems pretty useless along with a lot of other things on p99 that make no dam sense to me but its free so /shrugs. But when compared to other emulators such as TAKP it's more telling how nerfed FSI is on here.
Not really sure what nerfs you are referring to. FSI prevents stuns, and as far as I can tell there is no auto interrupt after a resisted stun, so you can finish casting your spell.

It works as advertised. On TAKP they have AAs, so in general everybody is going to be more powerful than P99.

Regeneration is going to be better while leveling, so I agree FSI isn't going to feel great during that process. It is mostly good at the endgame, where Regeneration loses utility. With Shamans specifically, they just get so much Regeneration with Torpor the racial Regeneration is basically unnoticeable.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-01-2023 at 01:14 PM..
Old 02-01-2023, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really sure what nerfs you are referring to. FSI prevents stuns, and as far as I can tell there is no auto interrupt after a resisted stun, so you can finish casting your spell.

It works as advertised. On TAKP they have AAs, so in general everybody is going to be more powerful than P99.

Regeneration is going to be better while leveling, so I agree FSI isn't going to feel great during that process. It is mostly good at the endgame, where Regeneration loses utility. With Shamans specifically, they just get so much Regeneration with Torpor the racial Regeneration is basically unnoticeable.
He’s probably referring to how little mobs stun nowadays. Pre nerf it was quite often. Now it’s like ~33% or even less I don’t even notice stuns anymore.
Old 02-01-2023, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s probably referring to how little mobs stun nowadays. Pre nerf it was quite often. Now it’s like ~33% or even less I don’t even notice stuns anymore.
Yeah that is correct, mobs do bash less. I do notice they tend to always bash as their first attack though, so FSI is quite nice when you are casting a spell with a long cast time. Even at max range the mob will close the gap and hit you before the spell finishes. Again that is why FSI is great on Shamans when soloing, it gives you a higher chance to land the initial malo/slow without wasting the 4 or 5 seconds it takes for the mob to run up to you. That will typically end up saving you more HP than the 80 HP or so you would regen in the first minute.