Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-27-2023, 08:08 PM
Aviak

cleric #1 most boring class, plenty powerful and whatnot but super boring, also does not stack in PUG grps at all...decently fun/playable in duo/trio though Sure they can root, they can stun, but if you do, and root breaks and interrupts your CH, who's fault is it? also necessity at raids as many have mentioned

I never had trouble finding grps on my druid, but you have to be willing to pull and pretty much always need potg. druid are amazing puller in outdoor places like unrest, MM, CoM, KC and great duo partner wherever there are animals to charm. stick to places druids shine and you will level fast. I really enjoyed the ramp in OT as a duo with a melee. really easy first class and great secondary class once you decide on a main.

nerco and mage are great first class choices as well as they don't take much gear to be effective in groups imo.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cleric #1 most boring class, plenty powerful and whatnot but super boring, also does not stack in PUG grps at all...decently fun/playable in duo/trio though Sure they can root, they can stun, but if you do, and root breaks and interrupts your CH, who's fault is it? also necessity at raids as many have mentioned

I never had trouble finding grps on my druid, but you have to be willing to pull and pretty much always need potg. druid are amazing puller in outdoor places like unrest, MM, CoM, KC and great duo partner wherever there are animals to charm. stick to places druids shine and you will level fast. I really enjoyed the ramp in OT as a duo with a melee. really easy first class and great secondary class once you decide on a main.

nerco and mage are great first class choices as well as they don't take much gear to be effective in groups imo.
Cleric is only boring when all you do is ch. Above post is silly.

Consider clickies. Atone. Lull. Root. Stun. And blind.

Hope this helps 🙏
Old 01-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope this helps 🙏
if you do any of those things in a full 6person PUG you are not helping...

duo/trio sure, have at it and that is definitely the best way to cleric imo
Old 01-28-2023, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you do any of those things in a full 6person PUG you are not helping...

duo/trio sure, have at it and that is definitely the best way to cleric imo
Depends on the make up of the 6 man. And the situation.

Clerics absolutely root on occasion. If you're fighting mobs that complete heal or gate, a quick stun is helpful.

Both of those actions reduce the need for more healing, meaning they're helping.
Old 01-28-2023, 10:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on the make up of the 6 man. And the situation.

Clerics absolutely root on occasion. If you're fighting mobs that complete heal or gate, a quick stun is helpful.

Both of those actions reduce the need for more healing, meaning they're helping.
so 95% of the time they are just healing? and i feel i am being generous with the 5% you referenced above, which i will argue with you about risk/reward of cleric rooting if you want, but I think you proved my point well enough...cleric are boring - powerful and needed as well, but also boring...
Old 01-28-2023, 11:45 PM
Aviak

Clerics have an extremely diverse toolkit. Besides being the best healers, you also get root, lull, and mem blur - making you capable of pulling and CC in addition to healing. The only thing you can't do is kill a mob alone once you are like 50+ for xp. So if you want to group, it's amazing. If you want to solo it's terrible.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it is worth the effort to convince people that clerics are one of the most OP classes in the game. They are, but the fact that they can't single handedly decimate NPC's make them feel weak to certain players.

You can solo to 60 but only on undead and you gotta play like a wizard except with mad good CC.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric has a strong position filling a few functions in AOE teams too.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope this helps 🙏
It doesnt.

Atone clicky staff takes forever to cast and its blur chance is very low. I cant imagine a situation where people would be reliant on a cleric for parking, lulling, and blurring stuff.

Lull can be handy, more in less than ideal groups than a balanced one.

Stun occasionally I guess to stop a gater. Blind never unless you're tanking.

A bored and focused cleric is a good one. Lean into that role and dont screw around...just keep people from dropping and you will be adored by everyone. Any player who loves playing a cleric is a godsend to this game.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

meebbe just use ur mana if its time sensative