Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-17-2023, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Steelsilk is a neat option for a fashion build. The problem is when you decide to start upgrading pieces, erudites just start to look a bit strange. The biggest issue is crown of narandi, where your head will be just the plain naked purple look which looks terrible. Between DEs and humans for fashion, I don't really see a need to go erudite on a SK. The extra INT isn't enough to make up for their downsides IMO, but ymmv.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:25 PM
Kobold

Erudite got done dirty by the naked helm issue and the velious helm texture issue, it's like someone really hated their heads or something. If the velious helms were fixed I'd play a female erudite cleric in a heartbeat, their non-bugged helm graphic is one of the best by far.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...The biggest issue is crown of narandi, where your head will be just the plain naked purple look which looks terrible...
Fun fact: the erudite hood tint is determined by your hand slot.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 01-18-2023, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun fact: the erudite hood tint is determined by your hand slot.
Crown of narandi totally negates the hand slot effect. So you look naked. My pally just wears the dw helm which does get tinted by the hand slot.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's like someone really hated their heads or something.
And in the new character models, their heads got stretched into coneheads and they have giant foreheads
Old 01-19-2023, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Icepaw skull helm is solid fashion on an eru sk too. Black chain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2023, 10:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Agreed. You want to avoid taking hits (fear kiting), and not having Blood Ember Gloves is a huge problem for Iksars when leveling. Those save you a ton of mana. Fungi and Narandi Crown will take you to 50 for sure, regardless of race. My calculations are NOT assuming the player has a Fungi and Narandi Crown. If you have that kind of money to spend, the real solution is just to pay for power leveling if you care about leveling speed. That will be faster than the Fungi/Crown solo path[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not having Blood Ember gloves is not a huge problem for Iksar. It's a none issue. Sure you'll save some mana but its not going to matter in the long run. I solo'ed all the way to 60 without blood ember or a fungi or a crown. This dude just hates Iksar. He shits on them every chance he gets while not even getting to 60 on his sk.
Old 02-18-2023, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would only recommend Iksar for Greenmist if you are 100% sure you are never going to raid. By this I mean you are not going to get raid gear for your SK, you are fine with being level 60 in EC gear. It's a good weapon in that specific scenario, since it is kind of an "Epic lite", and one of the better non-raid weapons.
Wouldn't it be considered BiS in Kunark / versus Kunark dragons due to the MR though? 10 more MR than epic and the sk can throw on a shield for even more resists and other stats to compensate. Granted, tanks are going to be in with bards but the resists are there regardless if bard dies, disconnects, gets oor, or other unexpected problems take place.
Old 02-18-2023, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not having Blood Ember gloves is not a huge problem for Iksar. It's a none issue. Sure you'll save some mana but its not going to matter in the long run. I solo'ed all the way to 60 without blood ember or a fungi or a crown. This dude just hates Iksar. He shits on them every chance he gets while not even getting to 60 on his sk.
You get more benfit from the mana saved than Greenmist. Blood Ember is better in most cases.

No one has said you can't solo to 60 on an Iksar[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't hate iksars at all. I have an Iksar Monk. Iksars are amazing Necros/Monks, and bad Warriors/Shamans/Shadowknights. Losing Kunark plate is a big sacrifice.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-18-2023 at 03:17 AM..
Old 02-18-2023, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't it be considered BiS in Kunark / versus Kunark dragons due to the MR though? 10 more MR than epic and the sk can throw on a shield for even more resists and other stats to compensate. Granted, tanks are going to be in with bards but the resists are there regardless if bard dies, disconnects, gets oor, or other unexpected problems take place.
SKs are the worst raiding class in the game, and the MR is mostly only going to matter in raiding. Most group content doesn't need 255 MR. I wouldn't try to Min/Max for raiding as an SK.