Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-23-2023, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Default Cannot decide on class

Hey there,
I'm returning to P99 after a years-long break. I'm restarting on Green, and I'm considering really pushing myself to group more.
I played a solo Necro mostly before.
I really don't know group mechanics much, so I don't know what to play. I keep thinking about either druid or cleric. I have a level 4 HIE CLR that I've just been soloing outside Felwithe. I am a bit apprehensive because I perceive others will assume I know what I'm doing in my class. Probably a silly assumption, but it's there, nonetheless.
I don't have a guild, but I hear <Castle> may fit my play style.
That's about it for now.
Newish player, new class and no guild as of yet.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Clerics r ez keep going until ur 20. If it doesn't fit try druid. Or ench. U don't have to be g-dlike and charm.

Mage is probably the 2cnd most ez and grp friendly nexto cleric.

There's going to be groups that are full of tryhards that pull difficult camps Just outside their lvl range and fight until they're at 2% hp. Just ignore them. And gate out if they're being dumb.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clerics r ez keep going until ur 20.
So I went the cleric route. Rolled a DEF CLR named Krish on Green. I will be on around 22:30 EST most nights. She's already to level three and the super awesome community of helpful players has already doted upon me.

I'll follow this advice and level to 20 and go from there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2023, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Loads of terrible players despite a quarter century of practice. No one will care if you don’t play perfectly.

Lots of players are bossy know it alls and will happily provide coaching whether you solicit it or not.

What server are you on?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-24-2023, 06:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What server are you on?
JimJam, I'm on Green as of now. I just play my Necro on blue. Slogging through 54 there. But I want to start fresh on Green since the lower zones seem more active there.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:10 AM
Kobold

I appreciate the positive feedback. This helps a bit.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:07 AM
Banned

I'd say play around with a Druid.

They have multiple different play styles so you can learn a little bit of everything. Root rotting, charming, fear kiting, quad kiting, etc.

Then find out what play style you enjoy the most and play the class that fits with that play style.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say play around with a Druid.

They have multiple different play styles so you can learn a little bit of everything. Root rotting, charming, fear kiting, quad kiting, etc.

Then find out what play style you enjoy the most and play the class that fits with that play style.
Cool! All that stuff sounds familiar since I played Necro just without being evil. LOL
I have a druid on blue I've been working on. He's only level 5 currently. I may see how things pan out between that and the cleric. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2023, 08:33 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool! All that stuff sounds familiar since I played Necro just without being evil. LOL
I have a druid on blue I've been working on. He's only level 5 currently. I may see how things pan out between that and the cleric. Thanks!
If grouping is important to you, I would suggest Cleric, but I suggest this with a little trepidation. As Jimjam said, lot's of bossy players, and over the years of playing different games, I've come to the conclusion that when things go south, often times the healer is pegged as the reason. Sort of the low hanging fruit when it comes time to play the blame game.

My cleric is an alt and only level 35ish, and I can't say I've encountered that mind set here. But my cleric is seldom played, so who knows.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:38 AM
Kobold

Looking through my roster on blue, apparently I got a cleric to 15 at some point. I don't remember much of that leveling experience. She's a HFL CLR in Qeynos. Maybe BB leveling. I do remember the Shining Star of Light quest, though.