Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Damn!!! OOC killed the game huh!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Thanks for recreating the great old EQ feel!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On behalf of the chicken littles, touche.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Aye - this is quite an amazing find. I only just learned about it last week and have since re-recruited two of my old "EQ Live" friends to play with the potential of a couple more friends joining.

I do wish that it was possible to run the game with the "classic" brown Necromancer skeleton pets ;-)
Old 07-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaph3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do wish that it was possible to run the game with the "classic" brown Necromancer skeleton pets ;-)
Necros had white pets on Live up till Level 24 just like it is on P1999. Different texture/model though, I know. I also prefer the look of the old style pets. The new ones look too much like Necrons from WH40K.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanKA [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros had white pets on Live up till Level 24 just like it is on P1999. Different texture/model though, I know. I also prefer the look of the old style pets. The new ones look too much like Necrons from WH40K.
Oh, I am quite aware of that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was merely whining a little that I am just going to have to accept that current blackish ones that are used from 24 and upwards. They do sort of look like they have a very thin sheet of crispy fried blackened flesh over their bones... as I recall on Live after they changed the models all of the Necro pets 1, 4 ... through the level 56 Monk pet used the same "new" whitish grey model (albeit the lower level ones weren't as tall as the later level ones) until 59 with the first pet to use the Spectre model. It was one of the sadder moments I experienced in EQ :-/
Old 07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Yeah the zone-specified ooc feels very good to me now that we are at this level. There is always somebody in a given zone available to answer questions or give minor direction/help.

However I admit I do normally play during peak hours.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the exact reason to not go with the popular crowd vote, and just do what you know is right. If we had left it up to the vote of the masses we'd have boxing, and global OOC, and the game would be just like every other EQ emu (PEQ). The population, and community would likely reflect them too.

Will be a day to pull out some of Tumpy's best when we finally hit 1k people!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Kobold

With the population the server has now a global OOC would be completely untenable. It was fun and helpful when we had 80 players on but for 800+ it just won't work.

Go Go Classic EQ!

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 PM
The Protector of Sunder

I saw it up to 878 last night.
Closed Thread