Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-25-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there was a golden age between 1946 - 1980.

We were living high off the victory of WW2. There weren't a ton of women in the workforce (half the workforce, more money could be had from workers). I also think the threat from Communism was so high that there was focus on growing the middle class, for propaganda purposes.

I remember my grandpa telling me he could buy off his house (or car?) within 1 year on a single salary, all while comfortably providing for a family of four.

It was possible for mom to stay home. It was possible to own a home, with a couple of cars, and live comfortably.

That WAS possible. But I don't think its possible anymore. And I think we need to come to terms with that.

But hey, maybe we could fight in another world war and start the whole thing over again...

*stares at Russia and Ukraine*
Other countries caught up to us in manufacturing and industry, you'd need to bomb/liberate way more countries than that to achieve a new american century.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other countries caught up to us in manufacturing and industry, you'd need to bomb/liberate way more countries than that to achieve a new american century.
Yes, yes it was a joke.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2022, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

america was certnaly affordable, and thats revisionist history to say that today is just as bad as it was in the past

in 1960 a home was 5-6% median salary in 1970 it was 8-9% in 1990 it was 20 and now its 30-40%

only 80% of the coasts were developed by the end of 1970

Land is not renewable energy... you run out of it.

The value of land has had a linier increase in value since the foundation of our country.

By the time your kids are your age, there WONT be home ownership, flat out.

They will live in a dystopian hellscape where half the population owns homes, and half cant

And their kids will live in a dystopian hell where all the homes are owned by banks, and no humans own homes ever again.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, yes it was a joke.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easier and cheaper to liberalize their culture so their own people demand their government to make their industries as uncompetitive as ours have become, relatively improving our global position. 🇺🇲🖤
Old 09-25-2022, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

as an aside speaking of goldenage, im pretty sure 2010-2020 will be known as the roaring 20s 2 - people were making BILLIONS for the first time a billionare became what a millionare was before that decade.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easier and cheaper to liberalize their culture so their own people demand their government to make their industries as uncompetitive as ours have become, relatively improving our global position. 🇺🇲🖤
Don't forget also convincing their Leftists that corporations are somehow good, so they don't start a Communist revolution. That's an important part.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't forget also convincing their Leftists that corporations are somehow good, so they don't start a Communist revolution. That's an important part.
takes a knee for child labor rights (the right to use it)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Money talks just do some heckin corporate simony bruh.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
takes a knee for child labor rights (the right to use it)
Those were the days... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What if we actually found out working 12 hours a day was good for children though?

What would we say?

I know for a fact it gets me better prices at Walmart.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Those were the days... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What if we actually found out working 12 hours a day was good for children though?

What would we say?

I know for a fact it gets me better prices at Walmart.
well when china wins ww3 we will know it was good for them after all.