Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Large Rat

Bard song lines using the healing effect (blue particles) seem bugged, using this.
That includes : Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity (mana song), Hymn of Restoration (hp regen) and Psalm of Cooling (DS + fire resist, not sure if it didn't have shield effects btw).
Not sure if that's normal or not but there you go...
Old 10-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard song lines using the healing effect (blue particles) seem bugged, using this.
That includes : Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity (mana song), Hymn of Restoration (hp regen) and Psalm of Cooling (DS + fire resist, not sure if it didn't have shield effects btw).
Not sure if that's normal or not but there you go...
Thanks for trying it out. A lot of spells haven't been fixed yet including the hymn of restoration effect. That shouldn't be too difficult though.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have made the following changes to the following spell effects making them as close to classic EQ as possible for now:

- Added new healing effect for low levels (1-23) to replace the previously overdone effect. This effect remains for all levels filling in the previously void center of the target.

- The healing ring effect around target now begins at level 24 to match the ring around caster.

- Selo's effect now appropriately levels with character.

- SoW/Stat effect now scales in complexity exactly as classic does with level. The caster has all effects at 24 and target at 39.

I hope you guys will test these and let me know what you think.
Hey thank you for all this hard work.

I'm afraid it's going to get buried though if you don't update your original post with the newest updates. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'd hate for nobody to know where to look.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Jesus, someone needs to make an editor
Old 11-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Developer

I'm working on more tonight. An easy editor would open the door for customization inconsistent with classic, undermining the restoration efforts
Old 11-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

So, after messing around with these two files all day long, I've at least come up with a few solutions to issues. Bytes are grouped into sequences of 4 hex digits

EDD animates the spells. There are 344 hex codes of parameters, I don't think this one is possible to crack without some kind of decompiler.

EFF calls animations in sequential order. So 01010000 refers to the very first animation drawn in EDD. 02010000 is the second, 03010000 is the third, etc.

So, for example in NPCAegolism
3C010000 00000000
01000000 04000000

3C010000 00000000
01000000 05000000

The 3C(hex)th animation(01) from .EDD happens at level 0(hex) from the Left Hand(04).

I still have no idea what the 01000000 does, when I change it there is no animation.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Developer

Hawala, I PM'd you. lol
Old 11-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Developer

I need to test more before updating the files for everyone, but I've been gotten a few things done. I've been focusing on spell sound effects which i didn't notice there were so many issues until i begin testing individual spells. These now have the correct classic sounds:

-- Gate and Invisibility spells now has proper sound effect during the cast and the end.

-- Self-port spells now play the proper sound effects that differ from the above effects at the end of the cast to sound like a portal.

-- Fire DoT spells such as the immolate line now have the proper sound effect at the beginning. It previously sounded like a combustible fire spell.

-- Wind spells now have the proper sound effect at the beginning. Added the missing sound to the end of the effect. Wind spells also have a more classic look by fixing a few of the particle locations.

-- Firefist and similar spells will now have a previously missing sound effect during the cast.

-- Summoning spells now have the proper sound effect at the end of the cast. Classic has a softer wind sound at the finish of the summoning spells. Currently it's way too dramatic.
Last edited by Telin; 11-16-2013 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Developer

I'm excited to share that I have been able to implement the classic blue diamonds into the shield effect!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Developer

Default Lots of updates!

Version 0.5 has the following updates:

-- Gate and Invisibility spells now have classic sound effects.

-- HP/AC/Resist spells now have classic blue diamonds instead of the blue stars on target. The size of the orange particles from the hands have been drastically reduced and sharpened to appear more classic.

-- Wind spells now have classic sound effects and progresses properly with level.

-- Firefist spell effect now has classic sound effect and progresses properly with level.

-- Summoning spell effects now have classic sound effect and progresses properly with level.

-- Fire DOT spell effects now have classic sound effect.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spellsnew v0.5.zip (84.9 KB, 63 views)
Last edited by Telin; 11-17-2013 at 03:17 AM..