Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Default Recent Log In Issues

After this most recent downtime of a couple of hours, I can no longer Log into EQ Emu. When I was first attempting to I eventually managed to log onto a character and than I would LD. After that time or two, I can no longer get past the login screen and occasional server select. Just woke up starting to look for a fix, was wondering if anyone has some input for a noob.

Nothing has changed in my set-up at home, I am using an Aircard with an antenna with some fancy adapters and all has been gravy. All other Internet Apps are fine but something went awry during that downtime for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Restarted/reset everything I could, not super familiar with IP changes and port forwarding sadly, takes me a few figure it out. Would appreciate any advice on all this.

I have not seen any other posts concerning this, I have not been getting any error messages at all , just a simple disconnect on any attempt I make to connect.

I'm not sure of any better information I could give, its a weird thing to have happen. Only EQ Emu is not working for me internet-related, I can SC2 and all that...just not my baby EQ, having withdrawals please help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Aviak

Hmm it would seem my Net is just vomiting. I dont know, gg EQ for now.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

might be your wireless connection ... the EMU servers are pretty bitchy about the connection ... like on live if you had a static IP and you turned off your router, and turned it back on the packet loss would eventualy stop and completly reconnect and green you out in game again like nothing ever happened ...

here on emu its 1 small disconnect and the thing is done for ... and wireless networks are not the most reliable networks in terms of stability [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if you have the possibility, try to plug in a cable from router to your computer, just to exclude one possible reason ...
Old 08-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Aviak

I took the router out of the equation and a re-install. Looks like its all gravy now, I think the problem was friends IRL hooked up, had some background downloads happening. And like you said its so damn sensitive connection wise, weeell next time they come around i'll have to play internet police [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

I had a bit of problem logging in the other night when switching accounts. Would take ages to log in, then i'd select the server and proceed, but then it's hang for a bit and boot me back to the login screen.

A router reset seemed to have fixed it though.

I enchant things...