Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-07-2022, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Understood. Thank you!
I ended up having to do the Kedge Robe portion and Jagged Dagger portion as well, and my main was a Rogue so I was dirt poor with no friends.

So the quest was hard for me. Dunno how I would have picked the pocket of the guy in Neriak without using a glitch exploit (just kidding, Mods)

And at that time, level 1s could equip, so it was being farmed 24/7 so there were huge lines.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:11 PM
Kobold

tbh as a rogue playing for fun and exploration, travelers boots were more impactful than my epic. Epic was a satisfying acquisition that did make me much stronger in groups... but I was already in groups and it's not like it made the whole group able to do better content or anything. Being able to bow-kite and outrun bad pulls was a bigger change

Ragebringer: still not able to reliably solo giants
Travelers boots and a backpack of arrows: can solo giants

Sow boots are the real epic
Last edited by Tnair; 10-09-2022 at 12:15 PM..
Old 10-11-2022, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

What a dumb take. It's a waste of time trying to solo giants by bow kiting and you can already carry around SoW pots to use when SoW isn't available from a caster. The epic will definitely allow a Rogue to do better content (assuming they weren't already twinked with great weapons + haste item).

Best epics though: Cleric, Bard, Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk is gamechanging. Just wearing it changes fists from 14/27 dmg/dly to 9/16 dmg/dly.
Changing fists to 9/16 is actually a damage nerf, because you should be using a 2-hand weapon and clicking it on off/on to get fist offhand attacks between the primary attack swings. The delay of the offhand doesn't matter because you're just getting 1 round in anyway.

When buffed with another Haste spell + Ranger "Strength of Nature" (which does not stack with the Monk epic buff), a Monk should not be wearing their epic to get the best DPS possible, because it is decreasing the damage of their offhand attacks.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

need a new thread asking what's the most important/defining item for each class
Old 10-11-2022, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a dumb take. It's a waste of time trying to solo giants by bow kiting and you can already carry around SoW pots to use when SoW isn't available from a caster. The epic will definitely allow a Rogue to do better content (assuming they weren't already twinked with great weapons + haste item).
He's actually spot on though. Ragebringer doesn't allow you to do better content. And he's right, at 60 you can't go toe to toe with a Hill Giant. It barely makes a difference. It might get you invited into more groups maybe, but it's not like people sit there analyzing your gear when they need a rogue. Most people end up ditching their epic for something better.

I'd rather have JBoots than the Rogue Epic. Better for survivability, better QoL, and if you want to bow kite, you can. SoW pots are too expensive for a poor Rogue. Pick Pocket isn't that lucrative.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ragebringer doesn't allow you to do better content.
LOL. Try duoing and see the things you're able to kill with some average weapon and FBSS, rather than the epic. Try doing a raid with as little people as possible and see if you'll be able to take down bosses with average equipped Rogues vs epic Rogues. Not to mention the speed at which things are killed in general. Time is money. When you are killing more, you are "doing better content".

On a server that's been sitting in Velious for ages and has a shit ton of twink items sitting around and years of high end item drops, the Rogue epic becomes less valuable, sure. But within the actual game timeline, it is a huge power increase that enables content to be killed better.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter epic was unsolved and I already had VoG.

The epic was a gut punch. Zero cc utility for the enchanter epic. Great. The epic that enchanters wanted but did not get did not come out till PoP. As a further slap, it was by that time not nearly as useful since the slow was now obsolete. This should have been the enchanter epic. Serpent of "vindication" -- two expansions too late:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 10-11-2022 at 07:14 PM..
Old 10-16-2022, 08:31 AM
Aviak

Neither of the slowsticks were obsolete in pop, clicky is even better then the spells. They were still useful long after the newer slows with - resist mods thanks to the much longer durations.
Enc epic isn’t gamechanging but a great convenience item, epic2 was real nice though!
Old 10-17-2022, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Ranger epic is severely underrated especially for soloing 50-60. So much fun. Slow +DoT on the earthcaller and your able to face tank.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradyk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger epic is severely underrated especially for soloing 50-60. So much fun. Slow +DoT on the earthcaller and your able to face tank.
I was curious about the performance of these.

What's the difficulty of getting both? Or do people usually only get one?