Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-05-2022, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which epics are game changing from a solo perspective only? I think necro shaman and druid's seem to be the pick here?
Shaman, Monk, & SK.

Shaman because you can root rot like 4-5+ mobs at a time which amounts to some pretty massive dps. You can't do this without it.

Monk because 40% spell haste is insanely good, especially solo.

SK because the proc is amazing - 300 tap over 6 ticks - that's a whopping 600hp total health transfer. The ratio isn't amazing but it will change your solo game if you know how to use it strategically if you do get a superior weapon swapping it in as necessary. I can kill nonstop for hours using it when needed so I don't need to fear kite 24/7 which is especially nice in tighter spaces. It also allows you to bash which is also extremely useful for fear kiting in tight spaces/interrupts especially if you can't slam.
Last edited by Crede; 10-05-2022 at 05:14 PM..
Old 10-05-2022, 05:06 PM
Banned

I kinda find it disappointing that most of the melee epics are just...haste.

Boring haste.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Boring haste.
They also add attack- Monk is +40 attack and +12 ac and it stacks with CotP, Avatar and VoG
Old 10-05-2022, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Boring haste.
Pally epic is pretty awesome if you’re mostly grouping. Looks cool stun proc and 2h bash.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk. Shaman get DoTs and can cannibalize to regain mana - so a mana free DoT is nice to have, but Monk gets a 41% haste that stacks with worn haste, and is worn in hand-slot. Which means that a monk with a Seahorse Belt + Epic has 75% haste solo.
Free 1.4k DoT that stacks with any other one a shaman might want to cast. the only mana an epic shaman coud spend to grind for hours on end is to refresh root & debuff

Necro epic gives you a free snare & minor DoT, and the snare series costs a lot of mana.
Both will allow you to solo a number of mobs you would not dream of w/o it.

So I would rate them better than a 41% or even 50% haste weapon
Old 10-06-2022, 08:52 PM
Fire Giant

I'm surprised by all of these comments that rogue epic is game changing. I've never played one (mine is Level
7) , but I'm a little intrigued by the class. Please forgive my ignorance!

Is what makes the epic so game changing that they're normally upgrading from mediocre BS damage, haste, and ratio to sweet haste, high BS damage, and ok ratio? Like, is it the weapon that's sweet or just that it's normally a really big upgrade?
Last edited by Philistine; 10-06-2022 at 08:55 PM..
Old 10-07-2022, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised by all of these comments that rogue epic is game changing. I've never played one (mine is Level
7) , but I'm a little intrigued by the class. Please forgive my ignorance!

Is what makes the epic so game changing that they're normally upgrading from mediocre BS damage, haste, and ratio to sweet haste, high BS damage, and ok ratio? Like, is it the weapon that's sweet or just that it's normally a really big upgrade?
It's not game changing.

When my Rogue got his epic, I was main handing a Serpent's Tooth.

It was barely a difference besides the fact that I attacked a little faster.

I still can't solo green cons.

It's just good because it's "easy". Which I always dispute, because it can be an absolute headache for anyone who isn't a hardcore poopsocker or rich.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

It's very easy, the book can be picked up by a solo rogue with a da idol and a cap. The only hard part can be the kedge robe,but I regularly see mq offered for 5k or so on green.
It's a huge upgrade but doesn't change how the class plays.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Banned

Soloing like ten seafuries at a time (only if others aren't around, don't be a dick!) with a sham epic was super fun on blue back when dot ticks were reported, it was so easy to time the casting just right and the only mana you'd spend was on root, and the epic dot has no DD component so it won't break root like normal sham dots can.

Those were the days of double ruby crown drops too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] sigh. All the plats.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's very easy, the book can be picked up by a solo rogue with a da idol and a cap. The only hard part can be the kedge robe,but I regularly see mq offered for 5k or so on green.
It's a huge upgrade but doesn't change how the class plays.

Understood. Thank you!