Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At max gear all of the tanks are really good here. I think the biggest differentiator between tanks is those with a sow sword and those without.
Late velious Monks seem overpowered, but they do have this going against them.
Old 12-03-2023, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noone is agreeing with you, though.
Several people have, but that's irrelevant. It's a fact that can not be disagreed with. Correctly using weapon swapping = more DPS.

It's only a question of whether an individual has the ability/willingness to do it (not difficult with a macro, which I still don't see how it would get punished and don't think it should be; highly doubt it would even be detected).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you're insulting people for not complying with your ideas on how to play, so isn't it a little hypocritical for you to say I'm not constructive?
No, YOU have been insulting, writing shit like "just wants to feel superior to others, nothing more to discuss here". I've never said anyone has to play this way or insulted someone for not, stop putting words in my mouth. I've just discussed the mechanic and the DPS increase it brings, whereas you and others have been sticking your heads in the sand about it, clearly because you're mad at the prospect of someone else getting more mileage out of their character if they have better micro gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the biggest differentiator between tanks is those with a sow sword and those without.
...huh? Why.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

"I haven't insulted others"? You're so full of shit...

Your last post was pretty much mocking me for being an Australian and having to connect to an American server.

And now you're insinuating that people are lying to themselves about the ineffectiveness of weapon swapping as a Warrior.
Old 12-04-2023, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

I’m not the only one who loses mouse clicks when clicking to quickly on inventory, am I?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-04-2023, 03:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not the only one who loses mouse clicks when clicking to quickly on inventory, am I?
Happens to me too.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:53 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, it's almost like...it actually isn't a good idea to be weapon swapping in this manner, is it?
Old 12-04-2023, 08:01 AM
Fire Giant

If any of this was feasible,try hard monks would be swapping in high ratio offhands rather than just punching
Old 12-04-2023, 08:24 AM
Kobold

Everybody knows this doesn't work. We said as much 20 pages ago.
Old 12-04-2023, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Another exhausting fast clicking strat is the sword and board dual wield - not swapping a shield in to bash - something new I call the Jimjam Juggle.

Lets say you have a polished granite tomahawk and a cracked darkwood shield, but you want to squeeze out a few more procs.

When primary slashes unequip, swap PGT to secondary keeping shield on cursor, then immediately requip shield and reequip the PGT to primary.

With this strategy you are now dual wielding a single polished granite tomahawk, increasing your rune procs by 50%, adding in some serious bash damage and improving your tanking thanks to shield ac.

It's exhausting and totally not worth it.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

not to be confused with the Jumjum Jiggle, caused by increasingly sedentary lifestyles in Rivervale.