Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-30-2022, 12:28 PM
Banned

^
Medicaid I believe only looks at your income, so he should be able to qualify. In my state Medicaid pays for 100% of all medical AND mental health costs with no deductible and no co-pay (pretty awesome, only downside is it doesn’t cover dental). So he should get it for no other reason than at least for medical coverage

You can sell the idea of formal outpatient treatment with the zero cost after he gets Medicaid. Doesn’t cost anything but a tiny bit of his time. A lot of places are doing telehealth over zoom, so if he wants to stay at home and not have to go somewhere (this can matter to people too poor to have transport or alcoholics that worry about DUI’s), he probably can

I wouldn’t tell him this because sobriety is the best thing for him, but counselors will even see him if he’s a little drunk. I think it’s silly, but most counselors will do it on a case by case basis depending on just how drunk the person is (super drunk and they ask them to be sober)
Old 01-31-2022, 01:28 PM
Banned

Monday chewing update: chewing continues, may have to consider louder music or just farting up a storm
Old 01-31-2022, 01:42 PM
Banned

super glue + baking soda on everything.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Banned

Red face

Play sounds of cows chewing. I'm sure there's a youtube of it somewhere.

When they ask why you're doing that say you sexually identify as a cowgirl and it helps you relax and focus.

If there's a cow/barn sent candle add that to the mix.

When your boss yells at you tell them you're also on a cow spirit quest and tell them about the good qualities of cow spirit and why they help your work performance.

For an extra bonus get a wide brimmed cowboy hat. And a rancher whip/lasso. Play harmonica on your breaks.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monday chewing update: chewing continues, may have to consider louder music or just farting up a storm
That’s a legitimate pet peeve I can appreciate. Mine is able bodied people parking in a handicapped spot. I’m gonna start carrying a crow bar and smashing windshields, it’s such an appropriate metaphor for what colossal pieces of shit most people have become. If there isn’t a handicapped person with you or you aren’t handicapped yourself, that spot isn’t meant for you, you lazy piece of shit
Old 02-01-2022, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
super glue + baking soda on everything.
How does this work? What does it do
Old 02-01-2022, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s a legitimate pet peeve I can appreciate. Mine is able bodied people parking in a handicapped spot. I’m gonna start carrying a crow bar and smashing windshields, it’s such an appropriate metaphor for what colossal pieces of shit most people have become. If there isn’t a handicapped person with you or you aren’t handicapped yourself, that spot isn’t meant for you, you lazy piece of shit
I have been told it is referred to as "misophonia" but I don't know if I would go as far to say I have some disorder, and apparently it is not 'official'. I just get grossed out by it. Commercials with chewing gross me out. For my wife, it is watching people brushing their teeth. I didn't notice how often it appears in movies & tv until I got to know her.

However, these are just annoyances and disgust. Parking in a handicapped spot when you are not that yourself or assisting someone who needs that spot is just the laziest form of passive cruelty. And possibly putting someone in unnecessary danger.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:09 AM
Banned

There's no doubt loud gross chewers are defective. However you can't fix it without being called a tyrant. And fixing this losers eating habits will not likely fix them as a person.

You need to move on.

Maybe try to find a reason to be somewhere else during this animals chewing episodes. Idk.

Anyway. Blue tooth headphones w/ starwars soundtracks..they got it nowadays so u can take calls over the same and it'll mute ur space opera music.

What are we going to do about Google covering up the truth about aliens and giants and trees and angels and God?
Old 02-02-2022, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Im pretty sure noticing someone's chewing noise means you're autistic.

Hate that sound.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im pretty sure noticing someone's chewing noise means you're autistic.

Hate that sound.
That would explain a lot of things but I don't feel the need to seek out whatever kind of doctor to diagnose it or getting a bill for $1000 4 months after I saw them