Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Crash when launching

Hey guys I tried searching but couldn't find an answer that fixed it.

Ok so I started a few days ago. I had been playing in windowed mode as it crashed when ever I tried full screen. Then last night i followed the guide on http://www.eq101.org/ to get full screen working. It did.. but...

Today when I try to launch the game I get http://i.imgur.com/taHU7ZG.png and I have red the faq and tried the fix for the close to the same error. Though my problem is my eqclient.ini looks a lot different than what you guys say.. http://i.imgur.com/dYCj7xq.png.

If i can find a way to upload the whole thing I will. Any assistance would be appreciated. Also I managed to hit alt enter when the game went to launch. It is now launching in windowed but still getting the same error.

Windows 8.1 but I am running compatibility mode for well ive tried all kinds of different ones i think im on xp sp2 atm.

I just uploaded my eqclient.ini so you can see the whole thing to http://www.filedropper.com/eqclient sorry for the site.. just googled for one rq and this is what i got.
Last edited by Baylen; 12-17-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Old 12-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Hey Baylen,

I'm actually getting a very similar error with Windows 8.1 on my Dell Venue Pro 8. Initially, I thought it was because I copied over my install from another machine and maybe some stuff was set as read only, but after troubleshooting and doing a clean reinstall of EQ and then using Duxa's All-in-One I'm still having the same problem.

Haven't had a chance to look today yet, but I was going to check page file settings etc. to make sure there wasn't something enabled/disabled that should be.

I have EQ on Windows 8.1 on my Retina Macbook Pro with no issues.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i will say i was able to finally get the game to launch.. how idk i just kept trying and trying until it worked... dont want to log out now.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Well good! Hopefully it stays working?

When I fire the EQEmu shortcut I get the new EQEmu launcher, then I click play. The Everquest window pops up and I get:

The instruction at 0x04690bbd referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

I'll keep tinkering and see if I can figure out what it is and post back.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

So far no joy.

Forcing the game to run at 640x480 and in either windowed or fullscreen mode nets the same result. Tried reinstalling DirectX 9.0c and no luck there, either. Tried WinEQ2 to see if that would help fix the problem, but nope. Tried disabling themes and other culprits as well. I may try a fresh reinstall of Win 8.1 next.

Dell Venue Pro 8 / 2GB Ram / 32GB SSD / 1280 x 800 / Intel Atom Z3740D
Old 12-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I think i may have fixed mine... say do you have overwolf running in the background by chance? I killed mine and it seemed to fix it.. it could just be coincidence but seems to have worked.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Bit late to this but having a similiar issue. I remember having this before but can't recall how it got fixed lol. If i remember right it has something to do with the client / video crashing when trying to start full screen but not sure how to get it to work

edit: Is a resolution issue in sticky at top of forum
Last edited by Peekae; 12-25-2013 at 10:31 PM..
Old 04-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Large Rat

anyone find a fix for this on dell venue 8 pro yet? i've been trying every resolution i can think of but it's not having any effect

edit:

ripwind figured out that apparently you need to have a bluetooth or physical mouse turned on with the computer for the game to run without crashing, that was the issue, thanks!
Last edited by Evlpacman; 04-14-2014 at 09:01 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Just came here to say what Evlpacman already provided. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]