Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

All the info in this thread is nice but...

Nagoya's been killing good NPCs all her life.
Was I playing a druid wrong?
I mean, you can literally TP back to Rivervale anytime you want and need,
absolutely no need to "keep your faction good" while being a goodie.
you can turn evil and benefit all the sweet camps people are saying is a perk of being evil.
fake news, all the goodies can kill them too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

honestly my second highest character is troll warrior and i love him too.
evil is fine. go adventure.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea let's not implement SolB so EVERYONE 35+ has to pile into LGuk.

Some changes will HAVE to occur. Having 4000+ players per server ain't classic either
I doubt we hit 4k. Maybe the first couple days, MAYBE. But I doubt that continues past like the first week. At least a third of the current regular player base are planning to stick primarily with Blue as well.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's what the game said:

...And so on and so forth. Out here in the real world being evil isn't too big a deal in-game and offers some advantages.

Danth
Are those from the character select screen?
Old 10-09-2019, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt we hit 4k. Maybe the first couple days, MAYBE. But I doubt that continues past like the first week. At least a third of the current regular player base are planning to stick primarily with Blue as well.
I've seen a bunch of outside interest in the server in the past week or so. Just Sunday night there was a group of people talking about G99 in the LFG Chat on my WOW Classic server (Kromkrush).

I've also heard of several large-ish (2000ish concurrent viewers avg) streamers express interest in checking it out. If THAT happens, then all bets are off!

But yes I see the server settling around a daily 2k pop with upwards of 3k on weekends.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:35 AM
Orc

Don't sell gems when in certain zones for long periods of time (SK). Buy additional gems to convert silver and copper to lightweight, stackable, valuable loot with good vendor buy/sell ratio.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Kobold

i mean come on dont let the forums troll you, being evil is just plain harder, the main bank in FP which is where you gonna go to bank for WC tunnel is guarded by righteous paladins who are going to smoke your ass if you even step on a fly, yea make friends or spend loads on invis pots or just be a good guy and dont deal with that shi* lol
Old 10-10-2019, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

If you use the actual bank you have no idea how to P99....
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-10-2019, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being Evil is great! Like for example, Neriak is super-cool, all blue and purple and shit, with neon even! It's like a club, you feel nice and exclusive, and they don't let in smelly gnomes and other riff raff. The Cristal flows all night, Dark Dogg is on the turntable, it's nice. Then you go outside, you got the Newbie Log where you form life-long friendships over cracked staff looting rights. You go by the pyramid, meet your first mummy, check out the cool fish in the river, see that path, where does it go? Oh it's getting brighter out here, looks like a nice place, I see bears and pumas and beetles, some kind of merchant hut, and then you hear:

That's it, swine! You're outta here!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

POW!!!

Look, you're back at the Newbie Log, how did you get here?
I (almost) always played DE, THAT is exactly how it works out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But being evil is not that hard, just be always aware of dangers, like you should be in EQ anyway.

1. rule: Handle EVERYTHING like it wants to kill you

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

Evil is mainly sucky because you get to enjoy a lot less cities without fractioning and even after fractioning there is some weirdo on the wrong faction that aggros you and sends you packing. Most people weren't rolling uglies back in the day. Most people chose their race based on looks and their class based on the verbal description out of the available classes for that race.

Goooood times

Evil guys were always making special trips to their evil homes. You were pretty much stuck with east antonica. If you saw an ogre in faydwer under level 50 on pvp server he was almost always a PK because normal dudes usually stuck closer to Banks and vendors that they could buy from. I was often buying food and drink for my evil buddies who did make it to faydwer.

On non pvp it's a lot harder to choose to be evil when the individual strengths matter so much less.

On pvp an iksar monk unless he sucks is going to beat a human but on non pvp... Who cares.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-10-2019 at 06:36 AM..
Old 10-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being evil is the most fun I had in this game.
Closed Thread