Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Being Evil is great! Like for example, Neriak is super-cool, all blue and purple and shit, with neon even! It's like a club, you feel nice and exclusive, and they don't let in smelly gnomes and other riff raff. The Cristal flows all night, Dark Dogg is on the turntable, it's nice. Then you go outside, you got the Newbie Log where you form life-long friendships over cracked staff looting rights. You go by the pyramid, meet your first mummy, check out the cool fish in the river, see that path, where does it go? Oh it's getting brighter out here, looks like a nice place, I see bears and pumas and beetles, some kind of merchant hut, and then you hear:

That's it, swine! You're outta here!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

POW!!!

Look, you're back at the Newbie Log, how did you get here?
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 10-09-2019 at 07:06 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

If you have a group of friends that all of you can play together, no issues. If you are counting on pickup groups, you will have to do faction unless you pick a soloing class like necro, then you can be all screw faction.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One massive perk to being evil is you can kill more npcs than a good.
Example: Felwithe and kaladim guards are okay plat
What this guy said. I found being an enchanter who wants to keep good faction more restricting then being an ogre shaman.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Banned

being evil you can start farming halfling deputy spears at like level 21->36ish and be filthy rich (by fresh standard servers)
Old 10-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Race wont matter for shaman come kunark and that's me saying this, someone who has argued over shm race for years. I've seen excellent people play shaman with all 4 races. The first solo artist shm was a barb as further proof.
Yeah, they all have great perks. Barbs get that nice hammer (though I guess it'll be really rare on green). Ogres get FSI. Trolls get regen. Iksars get regen and AC bonus and stuff (though it's a shame no JBB).

I've always been partial to ogre shamans (more for how hideous the females are than the FSI though) and troll shamans (again, because I love how hideous they are, but regen is nice too). Slaughter those goodie-goodie townsfolk and guards!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

My first serious character on P99 was an Iksar monk. I had never played Everquest before and I used the video series called Everquest Classic Adventures by Reptox the Iksar monk as my way of learning things. I had an absolute blast and Iksar monk is probably my favourite class hands down. I vividly remember farming up 1000 spiderling silk at like level 8 and then making the journey from fabulous to EC tunnel by myself without anyone helping me or telling me what to do and it was an absolutely amazing experience
Old 10-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not much of one to be honest. You might eat a few deaths learning where the scary KOS NPCs are. But there's advantages too especially at higher levels
- Grobb is closest to LGuk
- Neriak is closest to SolB (once released?)
- Most choice of good-aligned cities to exp in (as lets face it, dungeons will be overcrowded)
Yea let's not implement SolB so EVERYONE 35+ has to pile into LGuk.

Some changes will HAVE to occur. Having 4000+ players per server ain't classic either
Old 10-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

You get more 'dungeons' in which to xp.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea let's not implement SolB so EVERYONE 35+ has to pile into LGuk.

Some changes will HAVE to occur. Having 4000+ players per server ain't classic either
Sol B will be released when the appropriate amount of time has elapsed. The way you complain, are you even deserving of Green?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

4k players is fully classic.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread