Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

You're all casuals.

I've hired a team of 18 professional Chinese gamers to run my 6 man group in shifts.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. A full premade group playing 16 hours per day is going to stay stuck right at the same level as all the people who are only playing a few hours a day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A bunch of fire pets and some heals/runes probably will let this group kill reds at level 1. They won't even stay in the newbie zone. They'll move to the next one immediately, return to train meditate (err, do you even need to train it? I forget), pick up essential spells for their strategy and nothing else, etc. A druid eventually can bind where they are, port away with all the loot to sell, pick up new spells for everyone as needed, and gate back without the pet classes ever stopping. Etc.
What part of not getting pets until level 4 didn't you understand?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

I imagine this group will last 1 day. then someone will just power through and leave the group behind.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. A full premade group playing 16 hours per day is going to stay stuck right at the same level as all the people who are only playing a few hours a day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A bunch of fire pets and some heals/runes probably will let this group kill reds at level 1. They won't even stay in the newbie zone. They'll move to the next one immediately, return to train meditate (err, do you even need to train it? I forget), pick up essential spells for their strategy and nothing else, etc. A druid eventually can bind where they are, port away with all the loot to sell, pick up new spells for everyone as needed, and gate back without the pet classes ever stopping. Etc.
I mean, that all sounds dandy, if fire pets were available at level 1. If they all get quickly to 4, they can get ahead of the pack. all I was saying is if the predicted number of players that the staff is saying is going to be playing, it's going to be a crap shoot. I am assuming the KSing in the newbie zones will be a fun spectacle 1-4. Playing alot of time in a bottleneck has potential to amount to alot less progress than you think.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What part of not getting pets until level 4 didn't you understand?
Eh, my bad. Shows how much time I've spent on mages. I think the jist of what I said would hold true though. Multiple people have basically said "lol this group won't work cause you'll be stuck with everyone else fighting for mobs" and it's pretty clear that a preplanned group that plays 16 hours a day will not stay stuck with the pack for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
newbie zones
I'd be absolutely astounded if preplanned, hardcore leveling groups are going to be fighting over mobs in wfp, efp, nek, etc.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

You should really consider employment and a life outside your video game before attempting this.

Have a nice day!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

To be fair, he could have a job and just be taking a week holiday. If I were still single and childless I might consider it...
Old 10-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine this group will last 1 day. then someone will just power through and leave the group behind.
Just seems like if you have to come to the boards to recruit the members for something like this, you're probably off to a bad start already.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Eh, I want to do this also, just been screwing around on TLPs for so long I can't remember what email / account I used when I played p99.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Think this will be my 7th or 8th re-launch, but I expect this one to be much more challenging and more of a marathon than a sprint.
Closed Thread