Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind that Frontal Stun Immunity does NOT mean frontal interrupt immunity for spell casting.
Unless you back yourself into a corner. Then you cannot be moved or stunned and you will not be interrupted anymore.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Yep then it is pure channeling AKA the best.

Fact is that even on servers where it mattered (red 99) non ogre SK's did great.

I think the only mob and class race combo that you really NEED to be an ogre is a shaman wanting to solo lodizel.

Otherwise choose your favorite race and be a good player and you will be OK.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as people allow the warrior a few swings to establish aggro or root the mob to solve aggro problems, you shouldn't really have any trouble keeping people alive with a warrior as your tank in group settings. And whether you like it or not, you'll probably see us more often than you see SKs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like it. In the end a tank is a tank and sooner or later the guys who commit suicide by constantly managing to pull agro will learn or fade away. The lack of gear and what it really means will be a steep learning curve for some people.

Troll regen has a comparatively big impact when soloing at lower levels. Hardly anybody will be willing or able to buy bandages. But I doubt that tanks will be forced to solo on Green.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

I think ive decided that SK is the ogres best class. I now realize it fully utalizes all of their abilities. The FSI for a casting tank, plus Slam isnt wasted as much as it is with Warrior (stun kick alternative) and shaman (stuck at 0 bash modifier). SK uses ogre racials 100% and all the SK abilities like hide and UV spells arent wasted since ogre doesn't get. Nice!
Old 10-11-2019, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think ive decided that SK is the ogres best class. I now realize it fully utalizes all of their abilities. The FSI for a casting tank, plus Slam isnt wasted as much as it is with Warrior (stun kick alternative) and shaman (stuck at 0 bash modifier). SK uses ogre racials 100% and all the SK abilities like hide and UV spells arent wasted since ogre doesn't get. Nice!
So... you're not wrong. Ogre perks are probably realized most fully with SK. But in raid terms, an ogre warrior is significantly better than any other warrior. In raid terms, an ogre SK is more or less just another SK... unless that SK is a raid tank (which, to be fair, pre-Kunark they often are). Like, certainly in Kunark and Velious, the critical ogre role is warrior. Could also easily argue that the best solo ogre, making best use of ogre benefits, is Shaman. SKs cast the same quick, very low levels spells 97% of the time in combat.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 10-11-2019 at 12:26 AM..
Old 10-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

FSI is the most overhyped ability in the game, and you're missing out on the true min/max stat: the innate raw sexual charisma of trolls.

Fight me.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Just tested.

While I have an ogre's physique, I do not have frontal stun immunity.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Get a friend create a ogre lvl 1 warrior and a troll level 1 warrior.. duel over and over... ogre wins 65% of the time. I know from experience dueling a 12 year old who wouldn't submit to my ogre superiority. This proves nothing. But it's fun.
Closed Thread