Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

To spoilers or not to spoilers.

That... is the question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah im looking forward to that rock hard marble excellence. It would blow my mind if the visible actual play window would shrink down so the UI isn't covering any of your game window. Glory.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah im looking forward to that rock hard marble excellence. It would blow my mind if the visible actual play window would shrink down so the UI isn't covering any of your game window. Glory.
/viewport my halfling compatriot.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will not be a full marble UI.

It is the Velious UI which still had a lot of marble components. We had a ton of screenshots to analyze, and access to a trilogy client to look into what existed. So things like the chat window, group window, target window, etc. Will all be the transparent black windows. Other things like the casting bar, spellbook, etc. Will use the marble components as they did in the original Velious UI.

We are unfortunately not going to get it to be 100% Velious Accurate due to both time constraints (we just started like Sept 27 in a very impromptu fashion) and client constraints. There are some UI elements that will come at a later time.

Basically the Velious UI that was being distributed in the patch files was a good starting point, but didn't feel nostalgic to me at all. So Jibartik and I started making some modifications. A few others have joined in to help out with development and testing and things are in a good spot. The Velious UI was going to be forced regardless, so we wanted to make it just a little bit more classic and nostalgic.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will not be a full marble UI.

It is the Velious UI which still had a lot of marble components. We had a ton of screenshots to analyze, and access to a trilogy client to look into what existed. So things like the chat window, group window, target window, etc. Will all be the transparent black windows. Other things like the casting bar, spellbook, etc. Will use the marble components as they did in the original Velious UI.

We are unfortunately not going to get it to be 100% Velious Accurate due to both time constraints (we just started like Sept 27 in a very impromptu fashion) and client constraints. There are some UI elements that will come at a later time.

Basically the Velious UI that was being distributed in the patch files was a good starting point, but didn't feel nostalgic to me at all. So Jibartik and I started making some modifications. A few others have joined in to help out with development and testing and things are in a good spot. The Velious UI was going to be forced regardless, so we wanted to make it just a little bit more classic and nostalgic.

Looking forward to it. I am just happy to be starting fresh with everyone else. We will all be poor lowbies to start [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] First started playing EQ during Kunark. Never got to experience just classic EQ
Old 10-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
That will be interesting.

I can't really even play with the shitty velious UI that they put out. I can't see any text, and it isn't able to

I had that problem and it was driving me nuts. I dunno if this will help you, but right clicking the window and selecting texture over the fade/unfade option let me set solid colors and more usable faded values.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My dick can only get so hard
Old 10-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

WTB 640x480.
I have to see if I can get a new* K6 266 with 32MB of RAM, no-name 4MB 3D graphics card, and 33.6k modem by next weekend. I probably need a 15" CRT monitor, too.

Thinking about that old box, it's comforting to imagine that it's been donated to some extremely poor country, that technology there has progressed to 1999 and they might have their own Live server running a pirated copy of Verant's original server. And that we might pirate it back from them.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To spoilers or not to spoilers.

That... is the question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WIP UI when? I need to add it to my practice char.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Well here is some cool news, we have had a team of volunteers get together and work on this UI together... and we just wrapped up our BETA build of Version1.0 of our as close to classic as we could get it UI!

Your classic UI is loading please waiting....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It has been extremely fun, and extremely time consuming! Rog, Nil, Myself, Wenai, Deezy, Danth and a team of testers that joined us to help us find bugs, do research, and scour through screenshots, have all been struggling to make our way through the old codes and textfiles that make up the ui to bring as much as a classic an experience as we could give you with titaniums UI changes and limitations.

We did our best! The only things that don't look classic, are a result of Titaniums dummassery and Brad willing, we will one day crack all those nuts and solve all those bugs that are blocking us from making a 100% classic UI!

But for now, hold onto your butts, because as much marble as I can shove up there is on its way to a server near you as we speak.

After you guys get to play, we will post all about our production, show you the process about how we got around some titanium limitations, and the decision making ones we went through when we couldn't... but for now I want to keep it a little bit of a surprise for you, we got some doozies in there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread