Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure -- cut the military. Should be easy enough right?

That's how Germany, Sweaden etc. do it.

But not how it works for us. We are the world's military. But what we can do -- that they can't -- is print more money without destroying the value of the dollar. That's why we do that despite elites really not wanting to.

Inflation was highly concentrated in used cars and hotel rooms.,...hermmm I wonder why that would be? Although Bacon was way up for some reason.

The only way to grow an economy without inflation is to make sure worker wages remain stagnet. So can't afford more stuff, so that stuff stays the same price. Its not a great way to help poor people -- ensuring they don't get paid more.
Uh inflation also tied to rent, and food, you know these things that every American needs?
Old 10-01-2021, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blake this is very unfair. He's completely ignoring my cogent rhetoric!!
i am waiting for some asshole to step in here and say "crypto will fix this" and offer no explanation why. Maybe its magic based.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Banned

Cut military spending! 20% first year! tie up those carriers. Then increase by 5% every 2 years or something. Wind that shit down. Just park the shit, it'll be fine. Hook up the battery tender. lol
Old 10-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh inflation also tied to rent, and food, you know these things that every American needs?
The inflation is a list of things or "baskets of a goods." On that list, car rentals were up like 87% Overall inflation is what we called a skewed statistic at that point. Bacon was up like 9%

Again what causes this is supply and demand. Broad across the board inflation (when all those baskets go up together) is caused when big segments start buying all that stuff more.

So there can be inflation in 1 area and not another. But inflation is also used to refer to across the board inflation. The media knows people don't understand inflation all that well, they just know its bad. So its politically abused word or topic.

Edit: It's called CPI (consumer price index) -- overall inflation that is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q20DBkMictw

Some of my figures were off (I didn't check them before posting) but the general idea is there.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-01-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Old 10-01-2021, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cut military spending! 20% first year! tie up those carriers. Then increase by 5% every 2 years or something. Wind that shit down. Just park the shit, it'll be fine. Hook up the battery tender. lol
then shit your pants when the harbors are bombed again, oh dear. Didn't anyone tell them its current year?
Old 10-01-2021, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The inflation is a list of things or "baskets of a goods." On that list, Used cars were up like 100% This is what we called a skewed statistic at that point. Bacon was up like 5%

Again what causes this is supply and demand. Broad across the board inflation (when all those baskets go up together) is caused when big segments start buying all that stuff more.

So there can be inflation in 1 area and not another. But inflation is also used to refer to across the board inflation. The media knows people don't understand inflation all that well, they just no its bad. So its politically abused word or topic.
That's weird, the costs of all my food has gone up around $1.5-2 in the past few months, I didn't realize I was eating just bacon every meal. How am I not dead from clogged arteries

Hey what is rent inflation again?
Old 10-01-2021, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Default memes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2021, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The inflation is a list of things or "baskets of a goods." On that list, Used cars were up like 100% Overall inflation is what we called a skewed statistic at that point. Bacon was up like 5%

So there can be inflation in 1 area and not another. But inflation is also used to refer to across the board inflation. The media knows people don't understand inflation all that well, they just know its bad. So its politically abused word or topic.
Inflation is up a bunch everywhere. The Clinton administration actually skewed it to make less sense and we have been using that terrible metric ever since. The inflation number we use now is skewed to make it seem like there is less inflation than what is actually going on
Old 10-01-2021, 08:15 PM
Banned

I guess my bottom line is I cannot condone printing 1% of our federal GDP every year and handing that money to universities whose staff are usually about 95% liberal

Maybe printing money is always good and inflation doesn't exist. I guess yeah, I can't get over my tribalism to see the greater good

I'm still holding to funding cheap federal alternatives accepted by employers to a 4 year degree with that money
Old 10-01-2021, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Here's what Biden actually did on student loans

I don't know what else. Maybe someone with a larger attention span can take a whack at it.
Closed Thread