Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Orc

Default IF servers were reset

Would you play over?
What would you make? if so, is it different from your current class / race?

IF the reason for a reset was due to Hardware corruption / destruction, would it change your thoughts on starting from scratch?
Last edited by Dolvar; 07-27-2013 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: follow up question
Old 07-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Orc

yes
Old 07-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Wood elf rogue to dark elf rogue.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Redo everything all over again. I'd prob quit, and play something else...way to much effort put into the game already.

And i wouldn't see a point to do it again either, out of just fear of another reset.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

I'd rolll...a.....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

If I had to start from scratch because my efforts of the last couple years were erased by a reset, starting over would feel too much like a grind to get back to where I was rather than an adventure where I strive to accomplish things/acquire pixels along the way.

I've always loved starting EQ from scratch, but I've always made the choice to do so myself, not because all my shit is suddenly gone and the only way to continue playing is from the beginning.

Not to mention the fact that no one has any proof whatsoever that a reset would be more detrimental to cheaters than it would be to legit players. It's not like a reset will magically stop people from trying to cheat, that a reset will be hackproof, that everyone playing p99 will be uninterested in buying PP, that legacy items will be more available to average joes on a reset server than the current one, etc. If anything, it seems to me like MORE players would want to buy things or cheat in order to try to get themselves back to the situation they were in before a reset without having to invest soooo much time /played again and that legacy camps will be locked down even harder on another go-around than they were before, etc.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Would be very ambivalent about a reset. The thought of a reset seems so uncaring towards the players who don't much want to do that, plus it would introduce the nagging doubt as to whether there would be another reset (and another & etc.)

A fresh start sounds like a great idea. An attempt to match the live timeline as well as possible based on what's been learned here, other than really stupid stuff that was patched on live as soon as it was found out, would be fun. But that should be done (if it is done) as a new server. Let the players abandon the old for the new on their own, if that's what they want to do. It doesn't seem right to just toss out all that's gone before, even if some of what's gone before is more than a little ugly.

[edit]Disambiguated the nonsense of my opening sentence by correcting the error pointed out by the following poster. Abused "disambiguated" in this note here because I felt the need for an excuse, even a very bad one, to use the word "disambiguated" three times in one post.[/edit]
Last edited by kaev; 07-27-2013 at 08:24 PM..
Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

you meant ambivalent, not ambiguous.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

I would make a dwarf pally, go anon, and tell everyone i was a warrior, and i would soak everyones EXP all stealthlike.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you meant ambivalent, not ambiguous.
Thank you for that most wonderfully accurate correction, I shall be forever in your debt. I am happy to report that my embarrassment over typing the wrong word, as if I were some ignorant gamer nerd poasting to a forum, was quickly overcome with the aid of a few swallows of beer and a quick edit of the defective post.
Closed Thread