Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-06-2023, 07:33 AM
Fire Giant

Default The new TLP sounds hilariously bad

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-pr...ter-april-2023

So... +10% XP for each character you've leveled to the current expansion's levelcap. On a server where expansions last two months, nobody mainchanges enough times for this to matter. Leveling on TLPs is trivial anyway.

The expansion-based bonuses are mostly irrelevant. 25% extra loot in Kunark... eh, whatever. 25% bonus faction in Velious, vaguely nice to have but hardly gamechanging. 25% extra AA XP in Luclin where most classes run out of meaningful AAs after 70-100ish, which you can grind out on the night Luclin launches. 25% extra.. coins... in PoP? What? And that's the point when TLPs die, so the future bonuses are irrelevant.

And then Encounter Locking. Basically, nobody can touch a mob that has been tagged by anyone outside their group. Any random person can now waltz into a camp and KS entire groups, or grief a zone by kiting all the mobs around for the lulz.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

It's great.

1. it kills out of group pls and shenanigains killing the krono market
2. it is good for ppl who like playing one char per account
3. it sticks to the normal eq formula its not another mischief
4. its for ppl who like playing one character at a time on an account not using software to play for them, it has good catch up mechanics, tho they could go further here
5. its great for solo and single grp content, no one is going to abuse that shit well enough in lower guk they'll move on once they get their manastone, there'll be no way to garantee the kill so going there and farming won't be reliable

7. you sound kinda mad

super duper looking forward to it cuz i never had the opportunity to play on a tlp and i'm a v casual player who like playing a lot of alts this server good for me because i don't spend 2 years installing sketchy software on my computer to not play 12 characters at once and sell krono
Old 04-06-2023, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

my new favorite chatgpt prompt, rewrite this as someone with a IQ of 50:
Quote:
Me like it.

it make bad people go away no more money

it good for me play one thing

it same same eq not new

it for me play one thing not many thing no help me good go fast me catch up

it good for me play alone or with friends no one cheat me no one take my stone

you mad?

me happy happy want to play new thing me no play old thing me like many thing not one thing me no use computer to play for me me no need money me go fast
Old 04-06-2023, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

@ ecko

u think u are smart

but me smart and strong and happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

fy i

if u dont want to play the new box fine whatever butt really crying about it is super sad, you had a bunch of opportunities to sell krono u missed them

now the casuals who havent tried tlps get something new

if they just made mischief version 2.0 it would just gut mischief 1.0 sillyneesssss they are growing their market for a different demographic that isn't already served its super smart actually
Old 04-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Here is a possible rewrite of the message as someone with a high IQ:

@ecko

You presume to be intelligent

But I am cognitively superior and physically fit and emotionally stable

FYI

If you decline to participate in the novel experience, that is your prerogative, but expressing your discontent is rather pathetic. You had ample chances to profit from the currency exchange, but you failed to seize them.

Now the inexperienced users who have not explored the alternative modes get something innovative.

If they merely replicated the previous mode, it would diminish the original one’s appeal. They are expanding their market for a distinct segment that is not currently satisfied. It is a very astute move indeed.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not smart at all butt i do love eq and I play eq the right way for me.

There is a huge market for ppl who aren't "Male: 40-60 something" computer programmers and developers and in the business of makling krono/bitcoin whatever they think they are doing because they can't get a job at NASA, JPL, Google, the DoE or whatever Darpa spin off...

FF7 and wow are terrible games, butt there are elements from them that are really good.

----- from my web crawling and personal chatgpt3ing (i have one isntalled internally in my goopy wetware)

i think a big thing of this is that existing ppl just want to be able to hydrabox like 50 toons @ server launch and they play the game like its FF7 and don't get immersed in 1st person - a lot of ppl have avoided tlp and live for that reason and it's also statistically provably v bad for player retention and enjoyment of the game the math works have been done by multiple MMO firms. -----

Also.

They did an experiment on EQ2 with personal loot. Which turned out badly because the EQ2 players are the afformentioned insane bots.

It is a good idea still butt they got scared away from doing personal loot on an EQ1 box. (they should have) or should just let everyone who can use an item who is engaged roll need on an item regardless of group if they are high enough lvl to engage the mob.

---- ppl saying that ppl will lock down mobs indefinately --- mobs will leash and lose agro u wont be able to pull them all the way across OoT or keep them agrod indefinately

simple solutions: 5 minute engagement timer that resets every 20% damage done, and also a short lease radius - like 900 in game units from spawn. Problem solved.

This method eliminates a lot of the pain points of eq (trains). And people kill stealing. Which is how the game is played now. Everyone can get a low delay attack ability. Only HT is problematic as it's instant?

If they enforce anti-hacking so mobs don't get attacked before they render in it will work. Also adding like a random 3-10 second invulrability delay buff to mobs when they spawn in so u can't just sit there using a program to spam for u and win.

Also as for true box they should have ppl submit for IP approval for boxing as well not just consider each machine seperate. So if ur an internet cafe u submit a form letter saying plz allow my IP to concurrently and simultaneously connect. This makes it easier to track who: has exemptions and who is truly violating an exemmption and u could use an automated chatgpt3 style system to test for and ban excemption abusers.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-06-2023 at 09:02 AM..
Old 04-06-2023, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

sir this is a wendys
Old 04-06-2023, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
A soandso says: “The problem is the Play Nice Policy doesn't exist anymore. The game doesn't have the staff to enforce good behavior. Instead it is put on the community's shoulders to police ourselves. Realistically the number of offenders banned vs the number of offenders isn't even close. I do think this is a good faith attempt to automate behavior enforcement. The problem is that without a staff of people to make sure it is not abused, it makes the problem drastically worse.”

The magnetar GPT3 says:tend to agree here

Putting time into a voluntary and democratic community management system so we could vote in and vote out enforcers would improve things more than any rules set, gotta give players the ability to take action and suspend or ban the bad guys who make the server terrible. I'm not asking for automation or something without a few checks and balances here. People should be able to appeal and bad enforcers should be easy to remove. Not continually make mistakes and get away with it. The truth is everything is exploitable and abuseable. We can't change that. We can only make tools and give people options to make it easier to fix mistakes or at least acknowledge and affirm them. This leans much more heavily into the community owns the server. Not just leasing time to visit the server.

Also give people the tools to do what they want outside of disrupting the game. So if ppl want to AoE PL give them some system to do it that doesn't disrupt other players. One of the major problems with life is we allow and tolerate people who monopolize and are disruptive too much to any degree, some of that behavior is good and beneficial, not when it's based in greed and desperation. Which is where it is at most of the time for the "kronolords". And RMT'ers. --- Krono and farming it isn't even a bad thing. It's how people do it and how people make it a priority above the community. For personal gain only. Because they no longer care about the game, just abusing a feature that is sometimes beneficial, sometimes extremely harmful when abused. They hurt themselves too. It's spiritually empty behavior. I have probably gone to far...

Soandso says: “giving players the power to suspend other players is a bad idea. to put it mildly.”

The magnetar radiates wildly:In general it's a terrible idea and wow did this horribly by automating most of their /reporting features for bad behavior. Having vetted, mature super users invested in the health of the server who have the tools to make the server a good wholesome place to play for everyone is a good thing. It's how GMs / and operators run their own servers outside of live. And it works very well in several different communities. It goes back to time immemorial when Quake was a major thing. And multiplayer games where new and hosted by generous benefactors. The same could work again while still leaving the property and keys in daybreaks hands.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2023, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

"Shut up and buy XP pots from the cash shop"

- Daybreak 2023 (probably)
Old 04-06-2023, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Would rather buy lvls from daybreak than any RMTer.