Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-04-2022, 12:52 AM
Large Bat

Iksar's disabled permanently. That why I don't have to read that you must roll an Iksar if you play certain classes on forums.

On a serious note, I would like to see stuff that stopped dropping... never stops dropping. Like Manastone continues to drop all the way through Velious.
Last edited by Araxen; 08-04-2022 at 12:55 AM..
Old 08-04-2022, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Id like to have seen something as annoying as rabies but for higher levels, like plague or lepracy that you get that totally blows and you have to find someone to cure it all the time when you're soloing.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin era AAs without Luclin.

AA’s went a long way to bringing classes into some semblance of balance (specifically helping out the classes who needed it.)

Would also brighten up the xp game giving 60s something to do.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-04-2022, 10:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin era AAs without Luclin.

AA’s went a long way to bringing classes into some semblance of balance (specifically helping out the classes who needed it.)

Would also brighten up the xp game giving 60s something to do.
I wouldn't mind Luclin, but without the stupid teleport books/Nexus and Bazaar areas that killed the world coherence and player interractions. Wizard and druid ports, that's it.

To a certain extent, the same could apply to PoP and the bad/lazy Plane of Knowledge zone. Individual zones were fine, just the connection between them felt very anti climatic, it was a very big step back from the immersive vanilla EQ world.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:23 PM
Kobold

While I like the thought of AAs I know it would further trivialize current content.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I like the thought of AAs I know it would further trivialize current content.
Well you could do like AAs and then PoP era raids
Old 08-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

I want to be able to brand an item with your name, or maybe even a quote.

So you could like have an item with a history of everyone who owned it and like a guest book of swear words and some items would be worth more because they'd have less swear words, or more or like legendary tiggles gear..
Old 08-08-2022, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to be able to brand an item with your name, or maybe even a quote.

So you could like have an item with a history of everyone who owned it and like a guest book of swear words and some items would be worth more because they'd have less swear words, or more or like legendary tiggles gear..
In other games (I think Star Wars Galaxies even) when you tradeskill an item it puts something like 'Made by Loramin" on it.

No one ever notices or cares who made the item, but I always thought it was a nice touch anyway.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:11 PM
Large Rat

keyring
Old 08-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Character Naming Policy awareness + enforcement increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish the naming policy could actually be enforced with all the people with stupid names being forced to change it to an appropriate name for EverQuest.

And ... really hate that it isn't a thing is iksar illusion giving HP regen. It's dumb that only troll illusion gives the HP regen.
Buggy bugs are askin' for a squish, but as for the quoted reference to the naming policy
... immersion is practically my whole reason for playing the game and all these "clever names" totally vex, irk and generally make me want to play something else or rant/rage about the subject in general. Often including mention of how i do not remember these types of "bad names" being common at all (or even allowed during creation?) back in the day, on Live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They will change names, you just have to petition the name when you see it. They don't walk around all day looking for them, but they absolutely force changes when notified of a blatant naming violation. Try it. /petition
Assuming you are correct, and I hope you are, since I've had my doubts for some time now, hence I have a collection of screenshots I took over the years I've played p99 off & on.
The list I collected is not small, and I've been considering some form of post including some of this data I collected, but haven't done it yet as I'm not sure how to best go about it [and in the past I wasn't sure it would do anything other than upset the people who frequent the forums].
I'd like to avoid any possible 'stepping on peoples' toes' (i try not to be a hypocrite). For example:
the GM's toes = a whole petition for a single name out of the hundreds of bad ones seems perhaps a bit inefficient to me,
and/or those players' toes who were just intending to have fun, even if they are totally breaking immersion in a very blatant and difficult to ignore manner imo and probably did not consider that their name choice would have much effect on other players' fun, (not to mention clearly violating the excellent and extensive naming policy).
Iirc the Live name-your-character-box 'back in the day' would not let you even try certain names that one can get away with on p99, but maybe I am remembering wrong.
Anyway, it would seem to me that a good place to start efficiently making the naming policy better known and easier to enforce, would be at character creation.
Something like making a list of disallowed words [like pop culture and modern/non-fantasy-type words, common non-proper-noun-type word/fragments etc]; my guess is that this is what Sony did, or something like it.
These could be added as a filter that would not allow people to input them during character creation, which would seem to be the best time to 'nip it in the bud' shall we say, before the person spends a bunch of time & effort working on, and socializing with their "bad name", and becomes even more attached to the character.
There is also the issue of it becoming almost a tradition due to people copying other people they see with those "clever phrase" or altered spelling/version of name/words that would normally be disallowed ... whatever... type of names (example: Luuke Skywalkr or Weehada Babbeisahboi). There are plenty of other creative attempts at doing things like this, due to people thinking it is fun or just because the name they wanted was taken...
and I understand wanting to make your character stand out as more unique, given the game-feature limitations on characters, but...
it is just the wrong place for that
type of unique individualistic creative/artistic expression, or whatever you want to call it.
EC/market district "sales alts" being one of the main name violation areas that even people who wouldn't normally violate it would consider doing so, and I understand somewhat why people might feel a char they aren't leveling but using as a vendor might not matter as much what name it has, however;
it's a 'catch-22' since the "bad name" is more likely to be seen there as it is such a common, highly populated zone/crossroads for all sorts of players doing all sorts of things

TLDR; naming policy
Violations at this point are probably spiraling out of control due to copycat behavior, and a sense that the naming policy is not likely to be enforced as long as the name isn't too offensive; that is assuming the player is even aware of the policy at all [on Blue most times I've played during the last 5-6 +years and was always a bit of an issue even when I first found p99 back in... i don't even know, maybe 12+ years ago?]
Like a snowball to avalanche, but I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of players would actually like the improved immersion that fewer "bad names" would bring; it's just difficult to gather the data to support my supposition on player opinion.
Also, like a giant snowball, the "bad names" could be melted into a harmless puddle of water with a simple bit of increased heat and some system for keeping the snowball from growing in size (don't let that ball roll so fast, far or at all preferably!)