Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's impossible to outrun mobs on this server unless you run on governmental bandwidth internet.

For normal people its simply not possible to get away from mobs, with run strafe jump snare sow etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

I have tried everything and unless im at Cheetah/bard speed mobs are right on my ass.

Its bullshit.

and not classic.

What can you do? nothing, they wont change it, its been stated. Live with it.
Um.. I have been outrunning mobs since day 1 with strafe, and just recently started jumping while strafing and just smoking every mob in the zone. To say that not even SoW can outrun a mob is pathetic, something is wrong with your computer, your internet, you are encumbered, or maybe you are just trolling.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Orc

I just started on the server but I have experienced a similar problem with run-speed. Periodically (every 20 seconds or so), my character will slow down drastically (to walk speed) for about 3 or so seconds. This happens outdoors on flat surfaces as well as in dungeons. If I am running away during this time, mobs easily catch up to me and thwack me from behind. Even with SoW I get slaughtered by the mobs. On the flip side, when the slowdown is not occurring, I can strafe without SoW sufficiently fast enough to avoid getting hit.

I don't know if this is a system problem (I run Windows 7 Dual Core). Outside of this problem, I haven't experienced any other technical issues with the game.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Large Bat

I used to have runspeed issues, but I was moving at like the speed of sound, so I searched to forums and found that I needed WinEQ, playing through WinEQ all the runspeed problems are gone. Although I am doing an experiment and went to my friend's house, who has the worst internet of anyone I know, and am playing on it, it appears that mobs run faster on his bad internet.

Edit: Debunked, I can still outrun all mobs with just strafe walking even on this poor internet.
Last edited by UrB4Nn1nJ4; 01-08-2011 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Test results
Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Aviak

monster used to run a lil faster then you but not by much. if you want to get away from a monster you had to jump to buy some time b4 it hit you of course as long as you have stamina ...but again thats not all the mobs.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Orc

Default no problems here

I haven't played live since 2002, so I'm hardly an expert -- but certainly PC runspeed with respect to mob runspeed doesn't seem to be messed up. I can outrun normal speed mobs with strafe running, or with normal running and jumping using hilly terrain. That's the same as I remember from live, if not actually slightly better (I don't think strafe running was as reliable on live, or at least I don't remember it being so).

That said, haven't tried any "specific" spots like the water in Cab. Though as others have pointed out, EQ is notorious for having messed up game mechanics due to player-side problems.

As a sidenote, I have to turn my maxfps down to ~40 in P99 to avoid crashing (some error with my video card I have yet to figure out). Try turning down your framerate and see if there's a difference? EQLive used to be buggy (esp w/ regard to horses) that lower framerates would run faster.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What can you do? nothing, they wont change it, its been stated. Live with it.
This.

They've said, NUMEROUS TIMES, that there is a problem and it cannot be fixed at this time.

Deal with it. We all know it's fucked up a bit. Anyone saying it's not, is an idiot.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Aviak

ur not suposed to outrun mob with no Sow but on live as long as u had stamina and keep on jumping you would gain distance over the mob running after you,then after stamina run out the mob finnaly was catching up to you.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned

Wrong, on live you could strafe run away from mobs that move at normal runspeed. (some mobs ran faster, buffed or unbuffed...they just did)

You didn't need to jump to keep them off of you though it did give you more of a lead. The strafe running MAINTAINED that lead.