Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

It's not that we all have DE vision literally--DE's still have a separate effect--just most outdoor areas have a much brighter night time than they used to. There are a handful of areas in-game where it's virtually black without a light source as a human. Since that's tied to the graphics engine, though, I assumed it was a client issue. I suppose there's some slim chance that it may be a configurable file, much as certain types of NPC's. That's mere unsupported, and likely inaccurate, conjecture though.

I'm told the new elementals work. I can't confirm, though, since (as with the player models) I leave the old ones on.

Danth
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Aviak

When I play, my interface includes all relevant and current UI windows if I want to see them (I don't). ALT+Q opens the quest interface, that was just released a few years ago wasn't it?

AA tabs, the whole works, all appear. Are they supposed to? I thought everyone had them but they just didn't work or do anything.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unfortunately, the new ones do work. I think you have to go out of your way to disable them in eqclient.ini.

The SoD folks have a patcher that changes around text files and such (spells and whatnot). I would be possible to adapt something like this to

- remove compass
- install velious ui
- rename mp3s
- disable luclin elementals in eqclient.ini

If there's much interest I'd be willing to donate some time to adapt this.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately, the new ones do work. I think you have to go out of your way to disable them in eqclient.ini.

The SoD folks have a patcher that changes around text files and such (spells and whatnot). I would be possible to adapt something like this to

- remove compass
- install velious ui
- rename mp3s

I think this is a much needed feature(EDIT: I meant addition to the files section). Basically this could all be done with a batch file, I thought about writing one the first time I screwed up my install but I didnt and the second time around it worked. However, it would have saved my friends quite a bit of time when they were installing and reinstalling titanium
Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- remove compass
- install velious ui
- rename mp3s

There was some work done on a patcher, but I think left incomplete so we weren't able to finish making it work. To make life a bit easier on everyone we can have it hosted separately from the LS and P1999 server. There is a mini-patcher that is included with the AXC server repack, would require the modification, but if you are willing I say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Considering dozens of people, including myself, donate to your server to help off-set your folks out of pocket expenses, I certainly hope you're kidding Nil. We deserve something a little more than a 'selfish bastard'.
I gave you the technical response.. I'm quoting it again below. I think the point was missed.

Quote:
The ability to choose your models is based on your client.. which is ran by our server source.. which has expansion count of 0. (disabling iksars, etc) Which I assume is why you can't use the models to begin with. After testing, it appears you *can* use elemental pets by enabling them in the options prior to launching the game. I didn't put effort into disabling these.. its just a byproduct of making this classic. I don't foresee myself putting work into making sure people can use them though.
? I thought this was clear. I didn't take them away on purpose. I'm saying, in light of everything that needs fixing, I'm not putting more work into making luclin models functional. It has nothing to do with the compass, boats, or anything else.

It has nothing to do with donation money.. the donation money is for the server hosting costs. It does not entitle you or anyone else to services, in-game features, or dedicated support.

Quote:
Please, Nil, take a step back, look at what we're asking and ask yourself if a change such as this would improve the experience for more than 50% of the players on the server, if the answer is yes, shouldn't this be a no-brainer?
Just to see how many people actually want this.. I'll make a poll. Take note that it DEFINITELY will subtract time from working on classic features, which was my original point.

Here is the poll : http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=8890#post8890
Last edited by nilbog; 12-01-2009 at 05:05 PM..
Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

old models for me...new models for GF ("how come that girl has such pointy boobs?") me: "because this was 1999 tech." she comes from WoW.

We both are enjoying it so far.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Dude. Way to Necro this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Orc

Just saying I'm glad this never happened. If this server had luclin graphics I wouldn't have even started playing
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Orc

Delete

Misher - 12 Bard
Mizerly - 13 Enchanter
Last edited by Sareil; 09-29-2010 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Damnit, posted in a rezzed thread. Put this back in the dungeons where it belongs
Closed Thread