Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

I found this little tidbit

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

Quote:
6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.
its pretty old though
Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found this little tidbit

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

its pretty old though

i xp'd afk a bit in my 30's when i got the first sham pet, and i did get booted a few times. But its not rule breaking!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i xp'd afk a bit in my 30's when i got the first sham pet, and i did get booted a few times. But its not rule breaking!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 05-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're passively playing a song it will never end unless the Bard gets stunned. I don't know of any way to have a Bard play multiple songs in a rotation while AFK, and don't think it's possible since /melody isn't in. So yeah you could have a Bard continuously play an AE while you pull mobs on top of them, but it's not as efficient as if the Bard were not AFK.
Any programmable mouse or keyboard has repeatable macros. Heck there are a lot of downloadable programs that will repeat keystrokes over and over again. Or just tape a key down. Harkens back to the days of Ultima Online and macros for mining. Get your str and health maxed while you sleep.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a really stupid ass question, and it just proves you are boxing. How many times do you have to say "in a different state".

Short answer: NO.
It's not against the rules.

Long answer:
You're lying and just trying to cover your back for when a GM finds you. Why would having YOUR FRIEND IN ANOTHER STATE *cough* going AFK get you banned. You make me sick.

This is like saying, "I have a friend who has herpes, do you have any advice for my friend, who is not me, who has herpes?"
Some people have subpar skills with written English (even if they speak the language fluently) and often repeat themselves.

Additionally, I have friends in other states that I regularly game with so it's not an unusual thing to mention. I don't think he's lying, more that he's concerned with the 'gray area' it represents and wanted to be as clear as possible to get a complete answer.

We can store the pitchforks back in the barn, Frankentstien's monster isn't in this thread...
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're passively playing a song it will never end unless the Bard gets stunned. I don't know of any way to have a Bard play multiple songs in a rotation while AFK, and don't think it's possible since /melody isn't in. So yeah you could have a Bard continuously play an AE while you pull mobs on top of them, but it's not as efficient as if the Bard were not AFK.
this reminded me of my bard back in live.

Back then, I spend most of my time playing with guildmates for XPing. And even at times when Im busy with real life stuffs, my guildies would say "Just login and AFK with manasong on". And thats what I did many times, login my bard, sits at camp spot with them, and AFK with manasong on. My guildies would pull mobs to camp spot for killing, and they just needed my manasong to keep them going. With manasong, im reducing much downtime for them, even though im an AFKing XP leecher.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Aviak

Supaskillz, pretty sure the link you provided is semi-old/has been addressed already by GM staff. AFK pet killing was previously do-able to where a mage could leave his pet in a certain spot goto sleep for the night, wake up the next morning a few levels higher. They have made changes to the game to remove that issue.

Rydar, as others have noted, it does bring suspicion as others have noted... So I would at least have your buddies phone number incase the GM's come askin questions so that you can both talk to them at the same time =) No rules against the AFK thing though, I know at times I get bored of whats going on with what my guilds killing and go AFK to make dinner or grab some beer (as do my guildies) and often exp is obtained. There would be no way to make a rule that says, "You can't receive or help others get EXP while AFK." End game can require 9 hour runs, and while I know some people are addicted enough to have a pee bag and poop bucket next to them, most of us are not =p

As far as the husband and wife grey area, it cracks me up how many husband wife combos exist on this server, but that is a WHOLE different category. When those people request an IP exemption, they get placed into a complete different set of rules. So those that want the IP exemption so badly, so they can box, and then find out it still doesn't allow them to box like to cry, "It's not fair that the non-ip exempt people are able to get away with more." Simple rule of thumb is, if your not boxing, your not gonna get banned for it. When you try to fanagle the rules and get caught, well you get banned.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Kobold

It would be nice to get a clear answer from the GM because I'd like to logon a char at work and AFK while my wife levels both of our chars if she's home. I would be doing the same thing for her when she's busy doing something and I am home and can play. It would be nice to remove this grey area. I think it's time to update the no two boxing rule with details~

It would really suck to get banned because you fell asleep on your computer and the rest of the group or duo partner got you exp while you were accidentally afk for a long time. The otherside of this coin is if one person is doing all the work for two characters to benefit then it would seem like that's two boxing.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Aviak

I cannot imagine 2 different ips would be considered boxing, especially if they are so far away...
Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long answer:
You're lying and just trying to cover your back for when a GM finds you. Why would having YOUR FRIEND IN ANOTHER STATE *cough* going AFK get you banned. You make me sick.

This is like saying, "I have a friend who has herpes, do you have any advice for my friend, who is not me, who has herpes?"

- Eliphas Levi
Closed Thread