Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-25-2022, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

This guys posting about the healthcare system completely unaware that Henry Ford literally rewrote the medical school syllabus after bribing some schools 2mil in donations
Old 01-25-2022, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fortunately friend life is all about trade offs! I just choose to coexist simultaneously within the world where healthcare is extremely expensive and intrinsically tied to your work which I believe gives us the best healthcare professionals in the world, as well as the world in which I distrust those same medical professionals I put in that position because of their for-profit mindset!

There is no alternative! We need to keep them for-profit so we can distrust them for being for-profit! If they weren't, what would I need all these shaman for?! I wake up every morning and give myself finger-guns in the mirror an a quick wink before I sip my morning coffee and sit down for work!
Oh I don’t trust doctors all that much either. Occasionally wrong, sometimes in a life threatening way, and almost always a condescending cunt (in my experience with them). With you on that one. But I still will take their advice over webmd. And my last surgery I had a month ago to put my elbow ulnar nerve back in place I simply couldn’t do on myself with 1 arm, even if I had a video guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And the costs of healthcare seem pretty crazy in the US, so you don’t want to be without insurance. If you weren’t working and had no income, you’d definitely want to sign up for your state’s Medicaid. And if you have income but work isn’t offering an insurance, you definitely want to go to the insurance marketplace and pick one. You never want to get saddled with an out of pocket cost. Luckily there are usually options like what I mentioned to prevent this

In regards to alternatives, there’s completely socialized medicine. And Medicaid is fuckin amazing, I’d love to have that be for everyone. I just don’t see it as possible, expense-wise
Old 01-25-2022, 08:06 PM
Banned

I am going to go write "I must be mindful of Poe's Law" on a chalkboard a few dozen times
Old 01-25-2022, 08:13 PM
Banned

The thing about healthcare costs is that by having health insurance, it doesn’t matter as much how ridiculous Hospitals want to change

My surgery I had in November was pretty reasonable, $1200 for slashing my elbow open and putting my ulnar nerve back into the bone groove it was supposed to be in (it got displaced by me aggressively masterbating to the Human Centipede movie on repeat, at least that’s the story I gave friends sometimes). And the doctor repaired my carpal tunnel in my wrist by slashing open my hand in going in with a scope or something. That was $1100

So both being done on the same day + hospital fees was $3000ish. The anesthesia was like $2300ish. I had already paid 2k-3k towards my deductible earlier that year, so paying the rest of my deductible was only like $1k

But if the doctor wanted to charge $50,000 for each surgery I don’t give a shit. My deductible is still 4000. That’s why I am stressing the importance of having insurance and being in your network with your procedure
Old 01-25-2022, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing about healthcare costs is that by having health insurance, it doesn’t matter as much how ridiculous Hospitals want to change

My surgery I had in November was pretty reasonable, $1200 for slashing my elbow open and putting my ulnar nerve back into the bone groove it was supposed to be in (it got displaced by me aggressively masterbating to the Human Centipede movie on repeat, at least that’s the story I gave friends sometimes). And the doctor repaired my carpal tunnel in my wrist by slashing open my hand in going in with a scope or something. That was $1100

So both being done on the same day + hospital fees was $3000ish. The anesthesia was like $2300ish. I had already paid 2k-3k towards my deductible earlier that year, so paying the rest of my deductible was only like $1k

But if the doctor wanted to charge $50,000 for each surgery I don’t give a shit. My deductible is still 4000. That’s why I am stressing the importance of having insurance and being in your network with your procedure
Insurance is a scam unless you’re perpetually sick or clumsy
Old 01-25-2022, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rmsh1fter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Insurance is a scam unless you’re perpetually sick or clumsy
Lol hey I respect the guts to go without
Old 01-25-2022, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol hey I respect the guts to go without
Not a viable option if you own anything lol
Old 01-25-2022, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a viable option if you own anything lol
You must be one of those unhealthy goyim that goes to the doctor regularly because during the domestication process you were never taught how to maintain your health or use nature to your benefit
Old 01-25-2022, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Hey friend! My somewhat recent surgery cost a little over $250,000, luckily I had decent insurance and only had to pay $7,500. Unfortunately for my company though, the price spike because we used the insurance--you know, the reason you even have it--made that good insurance no longer a viable option! What a bummer! I still have OK insurance, it kinda sucks, but it sorta works still!

Luckily for us, lots of people live at a poverty line that don't have the same luxuries we do! They're forced into a situation in which they need to stay below a certain salary or they lose their insurance! Here's the best part though! If they ever try to get a better job, if they slightly go over that salary limit, they lose that health insurance they rely on! Fun right!? Haha! That way they get to stay perpetually locked into poverty because any gradual upward momentum would cripple them!

Remember, just one wink and finger guns every morning, right in the mirror at those pearly whites!
Old 01-25-2022, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey friend! My somewhat recent surgery cost a little over $250,000, luckily I had decent insurance and only had to pay $7,500. Unfortunately for my company though, the price spike because we used the insurance--you know, the reason you even have it--made that good insurance no longer a viable option! What a bummer! I still have OK insurance, it kinda sucks, but it sorta works still!

Luckily for us, lots of people live at a poverty line that don't have the same luxuries we do! They're forced into a situation in which they need to stay below a certain salary or they lose their insurance! Here's the best part though! If they ever try to get a better job, if they slightly go over that salary limit, they lose that health insurance they rely on! Fun right!? Haha! That way they get to stay perpetually locked into poverty because any gradual upward momentum would cripple them!

Remember, just one wink and finger guns every morning, right in the mirror at those pearly whites!
Well mine was an actual example (amounts were wrong I was trying to go from memory), I’ll attach the receipt, and fairly sure yours is made up. If we’re going to just make stuff up, why not say that during the surgery the doctor put in a horse’s heart instead of a person’s for the heart transplant. That would sound hella-bad, right?

Not that there aren’t procedures that could actually run $250k, but it sounds like exaggeration just for the sake of hyperbole. So like I said, if you gonna just make stuff up, go for the gold and say the patient died too due to malpractice

And yea, like I said I’d love for everyone not just the poor to get free health insurance. After all, health insurance is a human right. Oh wait it’s actually not. Regardless, I’d still like for them to get it, but the cost would be in the trillions, and I just don’t see how our government could make that work. However, I greatly respect people like you who donate every extra penny you make to those who don’t have the means to care for themselves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12DB65F8-1BFB-4987-A3F6-E06ABCF2BD17.jpg (21.5 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-25-2022 at 11:04 PM..