Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which caster has best melee? That will be the answer for best damage per mana. Don’t forget to med between swings.
I think at BIS int casters are all equal with Staff of the Silent Star. But if you want to med between swings with that you're realistically going to need to stay slowed, so I'm awarding a point to DSM.
Old 01-01-2024, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You leveled a Necro and a Shaman and still know so little about the classes and the game. It is baffling to be honest.
You've leveled a shaman and a SK and think you know everything about every other class in the game. It's baffling how some of the basic concepts of this game go right over your head. It is furthermore hilarious that you have the audacity to lecture those who have actually played the class on the mechanics of said class.

Quote:
You can't even understand basic concepts like damage per mana, DoT damage, mana management, and healing a Necromancer.
If you bothered to level a necro properly solo and in groups and came back and read your input on this thread ... you might begin to understand just how foolish you are. Necro dots are pointless in groups unless you're fighting things with astronomically high hp in a relatively low dps group. You'd blow a huge wad of mana with nothing much to show for it. The really good ones cost a heft7 amount of mana and do a hefty amount of damage - over a long period of time.

Necro dots are quite fantastic when soloing. Very efficient. Very hard hitting.

In groups? You'll spend 2-3x the mana to do 25% of the damage vs just nuking/tapping.

The only "dot" other than maybe a low level snare as needed that I ever use in groups is this line:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Vexing_Mordinia

Not for the damage, but for the tap heal over time component that will give me a fat wad of health over time, even when the mob dies long before it reaches its conclusion. It's a nice alternative to direct taps due to the increased heal potential ... especially when there aren't always mobs in camp to directly tap but you need to keep the heals rolling on those around you.

Quote:
The only talking out of both sides of the mouth going on here is from yourself. You want a Mage for more DPS, while asking the Necromancer to deal less damage just because you don't want to be healed or use your better damage spells.
A necro isn't really sacrificing much damage or mana by tossing a lifetap to cover their own losses. The only other alternatives are their DD spells which, while more efficient, aren't exactly more "umph" in the DPS department.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Touch_of_Night

One of those worked into your spamming of DDs every time your lich leaves you at a deficit of 720hp is not going to put a dent in your mana pool with lich regen rolling 24/7.

--------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------

DSM ... you suffer from a superiority complex. That's dangerous when you're not only ignorant but also an autistic fella. Autism typically involves concrete lines of thought that are less adaptive and abstract. This paired with a mediocre IQ and superiority complex is a hilarious combination to debate with. You make a fool of yourself in every "DSM thread".

Unfortunately for you and the community at large (people having to read your bad information and bad advice) - you actually have very little experience playing anything other than the 2 goons you've got. You're fucking clueless.

My characters:

60 war
60 pal
60 shaman
60 druid
60 cleric
60 mage
60 necro
60 bard
60 monk
55 ranger

And I play them all exceptionally well. Only thing I haven't gotten around to playing on p99 is SK, Wiz, Rog, and Ench.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-01-2024, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've leveled a shaman and a SK and think you know everything about every other class in the game. It's baffling how some of the basic concepts of this game go right over your head. It is furthermore hilarious that you have the audacity to lecture those who have actually played the class on the mechanics of said class.

My characters:

60 war
60 pal
60 shaman
60 druid
60 cleric
60 mage
60 necro
60 bard
60 monk
55 ranger

And I play them all exceptionally well.
Incorrect. I don't think I know everything about the game. That is simply projection and a strawman. The only person claiming they know everything is yourself, because you think leveling characters means you know the class well. Argument from authority fallacy at it's finest.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe leveling so many characters means you know less about each class, because you spend less time on each? Leveling a class and understanding a class are two separate things. You can get power leveled to 60 without really playing the class at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's dangerous when you're not only ignorant but also an autistic fella.
Please stop using autism as an insult, losing arguments isn't an excuse for this. You lost this argument when you claimed that Necromancers cannot use extra HP or Mana lol.

Quote:
If you bothered to level a necro properly solo and in groups and came back and read your input on this thread ... you might begin to understand just how foolish you are. Necro dots are pointless in groups unless you're fighting things with astronomically high hp in a relatively low dps group. You'd blow a huge wad of mana with nothing much to show for it. The really good ones cost a heft7 amount of mana and do a hefty amount of damage - over a long period of time.

Necro dots are quite fantastic when soloing. Very efficient. Very hard hitting.

In groups? You'll spend 2-3x the mana to do 25% of the damage vs just nuking/tapping.
Again, you don't understand the basic concepts of damage and DoTing if you think this. If a mob dies in 30 seconds, Envenomed Bolt still does more damage for less mana than Touch of Night, your best Lifetap.

Envenomed Bolt on a mob for 30 seconds is 146 damage x 5 ticks + 110 instant damage = 830 damage for 320 mana. Touch of Night is 720 damage for 405 mana. Where are you getting this 2-3x mana to do 25% of the damage nonsense?

Do you even look at the details of your spells?

Take your own advice and learn to stop acting superior when you clearly have more to learn. You aren't even able to look at the wiki to realize you are wrong. You type nonsense that a child could disprove with a quick google search. You don't need a level 60 Necromancer to look at the wiki.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2024 at 02:56 PM..
Old 01-01-2024, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

DSM is straight up right about ebolt though; if you're sure you'll get 4 ticks out of it it's better dpm than taps and if you think you'll likely get 5-6 it's better than nukes. That's something I didn't know (and tbh my necro's evocation is low so it's extra useful for me till I fix that.)

I can't imagine relying on a torp instead of casting BoD/VM if I'm tossing heals on a necro, but I absolutely love having regen on my 54 necro. It's a great quality of life improvement and decent efficiency bump.
Old 01-01-2024, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Envenomed Bolt on a mob for 30 seconds is 146 damage x 5 ticks + 110 instant damage = 830 damage for 320 mana. Touch of Night is 720 damage for 405 mana. Where are you getting this 2-3x mana to do 25% of the damage nonsense?.
Last I checked EB has a 6.1 sec cast time. If you cast it right when the fight starts you’ll get 3 ticks out of it on average, not 5.

Old 01-01-2024, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Last I checked EB has a 6.1 sec cast time. If you cast it right when the fight starts you’ll get 3 ticks out of it on average, not 5.
Lol you really cannot admit when you are wrong. You are grasping at staws by trying to claim you will always get 3 ticks or less. You do this a lot, where you try to force the scenario into unrealism to try and win.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2024 at 03:28 PM..
Old 01-01-2024, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

No, I just don’t neglect the time it actually costs to cast a spell on fast fights. If it’s dead in 30 seconds you won’t get 30 seconds of it unless you’re literally casting and landing it before the mob hits camp.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-01-2024, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, I just don’t neglect the time it actually costs to cast a spell on fast fights. If it’s dead in 30 seconds you won’t get 30 seconds of it unless you’re literally casting and landing it before the mob hits camp.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
In groups? You'll spend 2-3x the mana to do 25% of the damage vs just nuking/tapping
Are you able to admit you were wrong here, and just pulled these numbers out of your ass? Even with your unrealistic scenario of assuming Ebolt will always only tick 3 times, that is 548 damage for 320 mana, which is 1.71 damage per mana. Slightly worse than Touch of Night, but a farcry from "2-3x mana for 25% of the damage" lol. If you are even sometimes getting 4+ ticks out of EBolt, you are doing better than using Touch of Night. 4 ticks of EBolt is 2.16 damage per mana. The average between 1.71 and 2.16 is 1.935, which is better than Touch of Night at 1.7777.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2024 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-01-2024, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Using low tick DoTs like the poison line is fine, the muscle DoT line is 2nd best, other ones I wouldn't bother with. Lifetaps have a chunky -resist mod which is nice against higher level mobs. These details don't actually matter though, the damage issue has already been solved by the enchanter in the group.

Enc/clr/wiz/necro for ports, DS, FD pulling, would take a uber geared monk over the necro if that were allowed though. For a unique class group that is. Other answer is still gonna be enc/enc/clr/wiz. This group will have whacked a whole continent of nameds before your DaP arrives at the druid ring you had to run to
Old 01-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enc/clr/wiz/necro for ports, DS, FD pulling, would take a uber geared monk over the necro if that were allowed though. For a unique class group that is. Other answer is still gonna be enc/enc/clr/wiz. This group will have whacked a whole continent of nameds before your DaP arrives at the druid ring you had to run to
this

/thread happy new year